Nov 29, 2008

Marshmallows!

I have a serious addiction to marshmallows. I know there are people out there that hate them or only like them in a cup of cocoa but then there are people like me that could eat an entire bag in a day and not think twice about it.
marshmallows Pictures, Images and Photos
I love anything with marshmallows. I love love love Peeps, the chocolate ones are my favorite. I love to let them sit out and get kind of hard-that's the best. My hot chocolate consists of mostly marshmallowy goodness and a little cocoa. My latest guilty pleasure is making Mississippi mud brownies. My awesome neighbor made these all the time growing up. Every plate of Christmas goodies had them, they are so good. My mom makes them occasionally too. I knew there was a reason why I never made these, you will see. Chocolate coconut brownies with a layer of marshmallow cream and then a layer of fudge frosting. They are divine! This probably explains my urge to ride my exercise bike for an hour a day instead of half seeing that is all I ate for breakfast lunch and then more after dessert the other day. Then I can eat more brownies. I am pathetic. What is worse, when I open jar of marshmallow cream I pop the lid and indulge with a big spoon. The only real problem here is if I was supposed to make treats for someone and I just ate half the jar...then there isn't enough to make do. Same goes for a bag of marshmallows. There you have it, I am a marshmallow addict! Help! I am seriously sending Andy to the store for a while so I am not tempted to walk down the baking aisle and debate jar or bag...mini or jumbo? How about one of each.
http://images.allrecipes.com/global/recipes/small/7530.jpg

Here's the recipe maybe you will be able to relate...
Cake-
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 1/2 Cup flour
1 cup coconut or 1/2 cup nuts( you can do both I just like it better with plain coconut)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream( if you get the big jar you have left overs...)

Frosting-
1/2 cup melted butter 1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla 6 Tbsp. milk
1 lb powdered sugar *combine and blend well with a mixer.

Preheat oven 350. In large bowl beat eggs until thick and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Combine butter with flour, cocoa,vanilla, coconut,and nuts. Add to egg mixture. Stir well with a spoon. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 30 min. Remove from oven and spread marshmallow cream over cake.
Prepare frosting and spread gently over warm marshmallow cream. Swirling for a marble effect. Indulge!

6 comments:

The Clems said...

oh wow, those look so good! you are so funny! i dont really like marshmallows, but lily has just discovered them. i think i will try to make those brownies!

Unknown said...

I love the coconut covered ones! They are great with smores:) Yummy!!!

Ashley and Trevor said...

It really is a holiday tradition even after all these years. I can't believe how good they are!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

You are hilarious. You must really like these because you have told me about them a thousand times and now they get their own post! :)

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm glad you like your job.

Love ya! Come here after Washington, okay?

Karin

Warners said...

I swear Lucy should have been your daughter. She loves mashmallows too. Especially pink ones.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so, i made rice krispie treats today and ate a couple handfuls of marshmallows and thought about you :)

and thanksgiving point has real reindeer this year that the kids can pet and feed...want to meet and play some night next week?