All right, so if you haven't seen the movie don't read. I would hope the title gives a heads up.
I went into the movie with low expectations. The movie is rarely as good as the book, most proclaim. I am not much of a reader my boys are a bit too distracting. I have enjoyed many movies though. I lost a lot of sleep staying up and reading the Twilight series and was torn when I heard there would be a movie. I became hopeful seeing that I have enjoyed the Harry Potter movies with out reading the books(insert loud gasp here...I will get around to reading them I hope). I liked Lord of the Rings. The Notebook is one of my favorite movies. The Secret Life of Bees was good,didn't read it either. I even liked PS I Love You. (I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to chick flicks.) My point is there have been a good selection of movies I've enjoyed based on books I haven't read and loved them. I didn't expect to be that disappointed. Life goes on and I will always have my book.
"You can't always get what you want....but sometimes you get what you need".
I thought the movie was just okay. It could have been longer,I would have sat through six hours if it had the content I wanted and meant they would evoke similar emotions from the story. It felt very rushed. I was surprised that Andy enjoyed it as much as he did because he hasn't read the books and there wasn't nearly as much action as I thought there would be. (He is all about the action, most guys are.) All in all I was a bit disappointed. You could tell it was a low budget film. Kristen was a horrible Bella. The rest of the cast did well. I wish they had more screen time. I became annoyed with almost every scene being a close up,weird. The flashbacks of becoming vampires was comical-not sure if that was the intent or they didn't know what else to do? The pasty caked on makeup was awful. If Vampires don't have blood and are as cold as ice then why did Edward(Rob Pattinson) have lipstick on? Seriously? I loved the baseball scene and wished it would have been longer. The fight scene with James was good(again, could have been longer). Edward looking like he was going to vomit at the beginning was a horrible interpretation. They showed him playing the piano...not much emphasis on it being "her" lullaby? I was bummed they didn't show Bella's heart monitor go through the roof in the hospital as Edward progressively moved up to kiss her forehead (her heart freaking out is a major part of the book). Did Bella seem too mature/boring/too old for her character to anyone else? Their first kiss was good. I liked the clips of James Laurent and Victoria. This helped those that didn't read the book have a better understanding. But if you haven't read the book please do! They announced a sequel-I am way excited and hoping fora bigger budget etc. etc. I think if I had read other books prior to their movies I wouldn't be as bummed. I would see it again, I didn't hate it, there are definitely things that I would have done differently...wish I was a screenwriter.
"You can't always get what you want....but sometimes you get what you need".
I thought the movie was just okay. It could have been longer,I would have sat through six hours if it had the content I wanted and meant they would evoke similar emotions from the story. It felt very rushed. I was surprised that Andy enjoyed it as much as he did because he hasn't read the books and there wasn't nearly as much action as I thought there would be. (He is all about the action, most guys are.) All in all I was a bit disappointed. You could tell it was a low budget film. Kristen was a horrible Bella. The rest of the cast did well. I wish they had more screen time. I became annoyed with almost every scene being a close up,weird. The flashbacks of becoming vampires was comical-not sure if that was the intent or they didn't know what else to do? The pasty caked on makeup was awful. If Vampires don't have blood and are as cold as ice then why did Edward(Rob Pattinson) have lipstick on? Seriously? I loved the baseball scene and wished it would have been longer. The fight scene with James was good(again, could have been longer). Edward looking like he was going to vomit at the beginning was a horrible interpretation. They showed him playing the piano...not much emphasis on it being "her" lullaby? I was bummed they didn't show Bella's heart monitor go through the roof in the hospital as Edward progressively moved up to kiss her forehead (her heart freaking out is a major part of the book). Did Bella seem too mature/boring/too old for her character to anyone else? Their first kiss was good. I liked the clips of James Laurent and Victoria. This helped those that didn't read the book have a better understanding. But if you haven't read the book please do! They announced a sequel-I am way excited and hoping fora bigger budget etc. etc. I think if I had read other books prior to their movies I wouldn't be as bummed. I would see it again, I didn't hate it, there are definitely things that I would have done differently...wish I was a screenwriter.

7 comments:
THANK YOU EMILY FOR YOUR POST!!! I COmpletely Agree with you!! Kristen Stewart HORRIBLE actress. It was too rushed, and your right, her heart racing was a big part. I'm glad someone else can recognize how awful this depiction of Twilight is.
I didn't read it
hmmm...haven't read the books or seen the movie. probably won't do either. but the best quote from your entire post is, "andy is all about the action, most guys are." now i know what "action" you were talking about, but it was still super funny. made me laugh out loud.
have a happy thanksgiving! let's get together next week, okay?
I thought about that after I wrote it...I laughed too. Well, they are all about action either way aren't they? ha ha!
Have a happy Thanksgiving too! Call me next week, that sounds great!
Im surprised how much I liked it too. I think because I had such an open mind going into it, I just went with it. Make sense? I cant get enough of Rob's interpretation of Edward. I just loved it! Of course if I wanted to pick every detail apart I could. Im just choosing not too. We should see it again for a girls night, then we could all talk about it. There are many differing opinions. I like your take on it. :)
I completely agree about the lipstick. The movie did feel a bit rushed - I love the six hour version of pride and prejudice because it has everything. I wish they could have done that with this one. I read in a review of twilight that they thought it was pretty good but would probably be the weakest film in the series.
Wow! I agree with everything you said. The movie was rushed, the scenes were over played, and the emotions portrayed weren't right. Oh and was anybody else annoyed with all the little teenage girls who wouldn't sit still the entire movie? Maybe it was just the theater I was in.... I learned my lesson. Next time I think I'll just wait until I can rent it and watch it in my own home.
Post a Comment