I have a really bad habit of forgetting my camera. I need to fix that. If Andy isn't there....it usually means no pictures. It's not that I don't like to take pictures, I think it's fun, I just forget. The boys and I have done some fun things and yet there aren't pictures to enjoy afterward.
We have been back to the zoo- no more encounters with psychotic people. I'm glad we can go whenever we want, it's nice when it isn't busy. * I need to bring gloves and water proof pants next time. Gav climbed in a boat that's part of an exhibit and fell right in the sludgy melted snow...he didn't complain about being wet or cold and jumped in puddles the rest of the day so I saved the spare pants for the ride home. Reni was lucky her boys stayed pretty clean and dry. She has a few pictures on her blog of the boys chasing the peacocks. Gav was so funny, before I knew it he hopped the fence and was in with them running around. It was hysterical! On the way home Gav kept asking "where Cole go? he still at the zoo?" Me ,"no Gav, Cole went home to his house with his mommy and Max." Gav, "no he's at the zoo". It was cute.
Gav got his staples out and was so brave, he didn't even cry. I'm so glad that was as easy as it was. Now Max is back to collecting goose eggs on his forehead...don't know why? I don't know that I could handle any more bloody incidents for a while.
We have been raking leaves and cleaning up Grandma's yard. Max loves it,Gavin would rather play in the mud and puddles of melted snow. We have now had several days with wet, muddy pants from both boys. Thank goodness it has yet to be from an accident...Gav's just following his urge to jump in puddles and Max is pretty curious. I knew spare clothes in the car would come in hand.
*Anyway, my mom is finally off on her humanitarian trip to Africa. I hope she has a wonderful experience. I'm really glad she got the opportunity to go. It has been such a great distraction for her and it's something Eric would have done if he lived long enough to have the chance. So many people have been unbelievably gracious in their donations from money to clothing and school supplies. Our local elementary school collected about twelve hundred dollars, (in mostly change) it was a great donation. They chose to buy a cow, a corn grinder and other supplies that are desperately needed in Kenya with their money. Way to go!
We have been back to the zoo- no more encounters with psychotic people. I'm glad we can go whenever we want, it's nice when it isn't busy. * I need to bring gloves and water proof pants next time. Gav climbed in a boat that's part of an exhibit and fell right in the sludgy melted snow...he didn't complain about being wet or cold and jumped in puddles the rest of the day so I saved the spare pants for the ride home. Reni was lucky her boys stayed pretty clean and dry. She has a few pictures on her blog of the boys chasing the peacocks. Gav was so funny, before I knew it he hopped the fence and was in with them running around. It was hysterical! On the way home Gav kept asking "where Cole go? he still at the zoo?" Me ,"no Gav, Cole went home to his house with his mommy and Max." Gav, "no he's at the zoo". It was cute.
Gav got his staples out and was so brave, he didn't even cry. I'm so glad that was as easy as it was. Now Max is back to collecting goose eggs on his forehead...don't know why? I don't know that I could handle any more bloody incidents for a while.
We have been raking leaves and cleaning up Grandma's yard. Max loves it,Gavin would rather play in the mud and puddles of melted snow. We have now had several days with wet, muddy pants from both boys. Thank goodness it has yet to be from an accident...Gav's just following his urge to jump in puddles and Max is pretty curious. I knew spare clothes in the car would come in hand.
*Anyway, my mom is finally off on her humanitarian trip to Africa. I hope she has a wonderful experience. I'm really glad she got the opportunity to go. It has been such a great distraction for her and it's something Eric would have done if he lived long enough to have the chance. So many people have been unbelievably gracious in their donations from money to clothing and school supplies. Our local elementary school collected about twelve hundred dollars, (in mostly change) it was a great donation. They chose to buy a cow, a corn grinder and other supplies that are desperately needed in Kenya with their money. Way to go!

1 comment:
Oh wow it sounds like you guys are having so much fun. I think it is so incredible what your mom is doing. Next time you see or talk to her tell her I said hi. :-)
Post a Comment