Nov 17, 2008

So big!


We have had a fun several days and now we have colds AGAIN. It is awful. I have never done more laundry, EVER! Everything is covered in slime and I have been trying so hard to keep it clean. It is so hard to keep two runny noses under control when all they want to do is carry on as they do every other day. Being sick doesn't phase my boys. There is no down time. ( I sure need a heck of a lot of down time when they are sick and up all night. ) I fall asleep thinking they were up all night so surely they will be tired and lazy the rest of the day...so not the case. I don't know how they keep going. If I still had my secret stash of Dr Pepper I'd have a clue but even the Halloween candy is gone-Andy took care of that quickly! Being active and creative is a good thing, at least they are constantly learning and having fun. I must admit that they fill my home with laughter a good 95 percent of the time. It is so worth it! I love my booger buddies! Oh and I just started a new job. I'm working at Aerie in the mall. I'm excited to get out of the house a little bit -not to mention an awesome discount!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Max is Eighteen Months!
It is amazing how time flies. He is such a busy boy. He loves to climb, dance, sing and destroy everything. He is such a social bug and loves attention. Giving high fives are a favorite and he shouts "ah right" every time. I'm grateful for the moments he still needs his mommy and wants to snuggle (this is mostly at night when Gav is already in bed, then Max knows he's not missing out on anything). He loves his books and likes to point out everything he knows in the stories. He loves to "keyiss and hug hug" most of the time too.

We sure know how to put our kids to work! Max has an obsession with things that are significantly bigger than him, he's a good helper when it comes to raking leaves etc. We have to watch out when we are at grandpa's house with all the "cool" tools.

He is learning to hold his own with Gavin so I get to hear the phrases "no, my turn" and "mine, mine mine!" over and over. My least favorite phrase is "stop it!" Max is really good at copying what you say and it sure frustrates Gavin. Max has the most personality I've ever seen in a little boy. His facial expressions are hilarious. He is overly dramatic but easy to please with a box of raisins or crackers. He still loves his "binkie binkie" I'm not sure how I will go about that breakup... I'm not ready for the added drama. He is still trying to find a way to put two in his mouth at once...good luck buddy! He is so funny in the mornings. He always wakes up with a lot to say. Then he has to climb into our bed and jump. Lately he likes to climb on the nightstand and sit and chatter away while drinking out of my water bottle. There isn't anything he can't climb on or into at our house now except the gate...yet... hopefully never! There is always at least one bruise on his forehead, I think he may need a football helmet or something.
He is becoming pickier and pickier about his food. (I'm going crazy, and running out of ideas on how to be sneaky.) We sure love our energetic sweetheart, even if he won't eat his dinner. I look forward to Max filling our home with more laughter and all the other craziness he and his brother come up with.

5 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

FEEL BETTER and come visit.

melanie33 said...

sorry about the sickness. My kids don't seem to slow down with it, just get worse.
18 months old... is it time for #3?
don't worry that was indeed sarcasm. I don't believe you need to be rushing around making another cutie pie or anything... (unless you could guarantee a girl; how cute would your little girl be, right?)

melanie33 said...

okay.. that was a really strange comment i just left. I promise i am not on drugs. just hormones; the pregnant kind.

Macdonalds said...

We are just patiently waiting to get taxes submitted Jan 1st so we can get approved for a home. We can't really handle three little ones in our tiny place and I'm not so ready for another c-section just yet.
Mel, you are totally fine! I hope you are feeling a little better.

The Clems said...

I hope they get better! I also hope I see you on Thursday night!!