* update* I found a few reliable sources that claim Wade Robson will be back to choreograph, I'm not sure how much but I'll take anything!
A new season of SYTYCD has begun. I love this show! I miss dancing and this is as close as it gets for me now that I am a mother of two and much older, and um don't dance anymore except to the Wiggles in my living room with Gavin... trust me, no one should ever witness that.
A new season of SYTYCD has begun. I love this show! I miss dancing and this is as close as it gets for me now that I am a mother of two and much older, and um don't dance anymore except to the Wiggles in my living room with Gavin... trust me, no one should ever witness that.
I must say that tonight was a bit disappointing. They chose Suzy the teacher over Kelli Baker (and a few other girls for that matter.) I guess the producers needed the variety of personality. I don't think she will last, not because of her profession or Christina Aguilera out of date hair but she didn't seem as strong as the others, next week will determine that. I'm trying not to be biased but she does look like a stripper. I am curious to see how long Katie lasts too, that was pretty sad it came down to the two friends and then she was willing to walk away??? I wish they would have not picked either one and brought back someone else-then again it's probably added drama for the show. Who knows? I am pleasantly surprised with some of the guys, they will have some great solos this season. My favorite choreographer, Wade Robson won't be back this season, I am definitely disappointed. His routines were absolutely incredible! Only the season will tell by what the other choreographers bring to the floor. I am holding out hope.
p.s. This week my boys have survived three bloody/fat lips two bruises on the forehead (there are many more on their shins, which may be permanent until they stop climbing on everything), only two potty"accidents" yay! , three pinched fingers and a finger painting episode with the vaseline and later spaghetti sauce. That's only half of it but I know many of you can relate. I can't keep up. I'm just grateful that lots of hugs, kisses and laughter are mixed in with all the chaos. Hopefully the weather will clear up so we can unleash some energy outside!!!

10 comments:
emily, i was thinking of you when we watched sytycd last week. i love that show. since we don't have a tv yet we were watching the you tube rebroadcasts, but then they were removed for copyright! dang it! so i guess i'll just have to get me a tv. :)
also, trivia, what are the three best dances from the show?
anyway, hope all is well. your boys are cuties.
I didn't know wade robinson won't be there this season! I wonder why?? I mean, is there anything bigger than this show in the dancing world? That sucks!!!
I disliked the teacher from miami too! When they took her, I told Bri, she will for sure be the first one off. I just don't get her, i guess.
I was also surprised at the amount of contemporary male dancers that made it in... I hope that doesn't feel redundant when the show starts.
BTW your comment made me laugh! I wanted some peace and quiet desperately last night while i watched SYTYCD, but my two older ones decided they love the show and now beg to watch it with us.. and the little monster wouldn't go to sleep so it was not what I was hoping for, but still fun!
Hey Brit, there are so many routines that stand out
-the park bench- Heidi&Travis. -hummingbird & flower- Hok&Jamie. -Cameron and Lacey's Mia Michaels or Heidi & Benji's "black mambo".
But I loved Danny and Lacey's Samba and the Wade Robson "midnight cabaret" with Jesus and Sara. Anything Blake McGrath did in season one was pretty much phenomenal as well. I could go on but I just love dancing.(Season one didn't have Wade Robson though and his work is incredible!)
WHAT?! No Wade! That really is crappy, he was most definitely our favorite! Man, I'm a little bit bummed out now, haha, I get too involved in these shows! In full agreement about the Miami teacher, she was annoying and really not that great. that first contemporary girl dancer that they cut (the one whos mom is the choreographer, is that kelly baker, i don't remember?) should have made it through. Also those other ballroom dance girls they cut were way better than miami girl! Oh man, we will see how the season pans out!
I agree completely! I didn't know about Wade. He is Jay and my favorite. Mia is annoying but does some beautiful work.
I love this show.... I am rabid AI fan but I have to say this one has surpassed it. I forgot you were a dancer, did you know anyone they featured on the Salt lake week? I couldn't agree more with all of your insights. Kelli is amazing and really.... Suzy? Also Your boys are so stinkin cute. Max looks so much like you and Gavin your husband. They should be hair models... I love it!
I hope the season isn't a let down so you can come out to the tour again! :)
Your boys are crazy and I am surprised you haven't ended up in the ER with either of them.
Sienna loves talking on her "Emily" whether it is pretend or the real thing.
I'll see you in a month (and some but who's counting.)
Karin
you are obsessed-i love it! sytycd seriously is one of the best shows :) and i can't believe how crazy your boys are! we get a few bumps and bruises here and there but nothing like gavin and max! i don't know how you do it with spaghetti painting and bloody lips :) and i'm super happy to hear about only two potty accidents! that's awesome, yeah gavin!!
I love SYTUCD! I love to watch people contort their bodies into positions that arnt normal! I would love to see you dance! Next girls night??? Ha ha.
I love it too! And Wade Robson better be back his choreography is amazing! I'm glad to share the obsession with others. I totally know what you mean about missing dance so much and watching this show because its as close as it gets! Love ya girl! Have fun watching the show!
Post a Comment