First- I love Kherrington and Twitch! They were the lucky couple this week to have a personal story put to beautiful choreography, but that set aside it was amazing for week number two...even if it wasn't a traditional Viennese waltz. I have worked with Jean Marc Genereaux, they are incerdible! Chelsea Hightower and Mark and Josh and Katie, these guys are just incredible and I can't wait to see what they do next week. I think they are the couples that can do almost anything thrown at them. Gev and Courtney need more chemistry but they are growing on me. I really enjoy Will's dancing and see him making the final four but his partner is just okay. I must add that I think the costume people are crazy! Some couples look gorgeous and it works for the routine while others it really distracts and ruins the dancing. I would love to pick out and design costumes for this show. I just feel bad that the dancers don't get much of a say in that department. Sigh...
I really enjoyed the opening number, Shane Sparks is great! I totally called it this week after the most awful Salsa routine I have ever seen. The choreography was amazing, the music was perfect, the dancers....I could really go on about them but I won't. I'm just grateful America got it right this week. That doesn't happen very often. The bottom three couples all deserved to be there and they knew it. Is Marquis an amazing, talented beautiful dancer? Yes, that is why he made the show but he is limited. His solo had amazing tricks and I would have kept him based on that but over all he just wasn't as captivating as the others in their overall performances. I really didn't think the waltz they did last week was so great either.
On to the guest performers...at least Gavin had a great time jamming to the music but the Flamenco dancer... not so hot. I'm just glad the Pussycat Dolls didn't return-GAG! I am curious as to why they pick the entertainers that they do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Here are some random pictures of what we have been up to-

Andy's little brother built a go kart and the 'boys' have lots of fun with it.

Max's first swimming trip this year, he loved the water so much he was persistent in trying to get his face in the water.

Max and his big "daw". He carries him around a lot even though the dog is as big as him.
On to the guest performers...at least Gavin had a great time jamming to the music but the Flamenco dancer... not so hot. I'm just glad the Pussycat Dolls didn't return-GAG! I am curious as to why they pick the entertainers that they do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Here are some random pictures of what we have been up to-
Andy's little brother built a go kart and the 'boys' have lots of fun with it.
Max's first swimming trip this year, he loved the water so much he was persistent in trying to get his face in the water.
Max and his big "daw". He carries him around a lot even though the dog is as big as him.

6 comments:
I still haven't been able to watch an episode of SYTYCD. Oh well... America's Next Best Dance Crew is back on and I saw a lot of that.
Karin
Oh PS. Cute pictures of the boys. When did you guys go swimming? The go-kart looks fun.
Karin
i dont think it is fair to do a personal dance. it spotlights that specific couple and makes them stand out a whole lot more. they were really good, but i think they end up getting an emotional vote over a "your a really good dancer" vote. Ya know what im saying? i love katie and josh!!
I totally hear you on the flamenco dancer. I was like is this not very good or is it just me? I know nothing about dance, so I was wondering if I was missing something.
I have to say that I liked courtney and Gev's performance, even though everyone said they lacked emotion... I didn't get that. My fav. performance was from twitch and Kherrington, though. Ya, maybe it was the "personal" story that made it more sweet, but I think that it's the choreographers job to put their heart in it every time, as well as the dancers.
IN summary, I just love that show.
I loved Courtney and Gev too-I felt the emotion,(there's always room for improvement)but it was already really good. I totally agree about the choreographers putting their whole heart into every routine, that's what makes a dance more than just movement to music.
That go cart looks like so much fun! I bet the boys love it:)
Post a Comment