Jun 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

*note- Now that I have probably scared everyone away from my blog due to an emotional ranting, I apologize but figure at least I am honest, right?

I am so grateful for my sweet husband. After quite the emotional week he realized how desperately I needed a break. (He probably needed one too). He made arrangements for the boys to stay at grandma's house and surprised me with a little getaway this weekend downtown. It was so nice to do a little shopping, eat some great food and sleep without having to worry about one of the boys getting up. It was unbelievably wonderful to wake up on my own and not to little ones pouncing on me at five thirty in the morning or hearing cries for milk before the suns up. Don't get me wrong, one of my absolute favorite things is having my boys climb in bed with me in the mornings. I love their giggles and the fact that they really don't get all that sick of me(even though they are around me pretty much 24/7). They wake up with so much energy it's amazing. It was just nice to have a little quiet time for myself and some quality time with Andy.
I am so blessed to have a sweet and genuine husband. He really looks after me and he is a wonderful father. Our boys are so lucky. I'm grateful that they have a fantastic role model to look up to as well as a worthy priesthood holder. Sometimes I think he is more than my other half, especially since I don't feel like much at all these days. He is definitely a life saver and
my best friend!


(Being the photographer makes it hard to have many pictures with him actually in them, I need to fix that.)

I really love and admire my dad. He is such a thoughtful loving man, in his own quiet way. I love that he brought me up to have a good sense of humor and an appreciation for oldies music and classic cars and Dr. Pepper. He has the best work ethic, he passed that on to me and my brothers. He is the one person I have an easy time listening to, he has great advice. He is the best grandpa any kid could ask for. My boys are so spoiled. I know this past year has been impossible, but Gavin and Max bring the light back into my dad's eyes. Thanks dad aka Papa!

Three of the four most important guys in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good father's day. I am assuming you hit both parents' houses. I'll call you later.

Karin

The Clems said...

Im glad you had a fun day!