Jun 25, 2008

What's with the ninja mask?

Tonight was a good night. I really liked Sonya's choreography, it was fresh. Matt and Kourtni's routine was so fun. Her outfit was really really bad but that didn't stop a great routine, I'll talk about costumes more in a minute. Chelsea Hightower is fantastic, she and Mark are so good. They have great chemistry. I really like Napoleon and Tabitha's choreography,(when they aren't making the dancers grab their crotch) they bring a lot of emotion to their work.
-The disco was a tough routine, I liked it and was able to forget about the mistakes. Will is so good, Jessica still needs to bring it up a few levels imo.

-Katee and Josh did a great job for being out of their element in my favorite dance. I didn't like the song choice but that happens a lot for me. I'm not sure why they had to show his father's booty either. This couple knows what they are doing and they will go far.

-Comfort and Chris...I thought the idea was there but that song didn't have a single hint of African in it, bad song choice and they could have performed it a lot better.

-The weakest performance tonight was definitely the quickstep. Chelsea and Thayne are likely packing their bags. I liked them week one but they are not bringing it anymore and Thayne is well, annoying!
-Twitch and Kherrington were pretty good but forgettable this week.

-I really liked most of the routines and only a few costumes were dreadful. I was thinking throughout the entire rumba"don't break don't break..."(that would be a horrific costume malfunction). They danced it well, the choreography was good( I have seen better but it was good) her dress, or as mentioned on the show half a dress, was just a bit much. I don't know why costumes have evolved into such skimpy things, it's not like dancing in lingerie is going to improve your technique...
This is as close to dancing as I get these days. I mean I could blog about my boys poop and how potty training is going etc. but to be honest I am tired of talking about the potty(since I do it all day with my big boy Gav) he's pretty much trained YAY! My next blog will be more interesting.

Off topic-why do I have a cold? Summer colds are such a pain and it's only a matter of time before both kiddos get it. I am going to take some NyQil and try to sleep.

5 comments:

Karin said...

OBSESSION. You should start a whole new blog SYTYCD critiques etc. You make me laugh. I hope you're feeling better.

Karin

See ya in less than a month.

melanie33 said...

I totally agree with the skimpy costumes thing. I think it distracts me from the routine. I think a whole dress would be better.
also Will is excellent, yes. And he did very well. as usual. But man, I just don't like disco. Even when it is danced well, like he did last night, it's just lame to me. I always feel bad for whomever draws disco every week.
I think Comfort and Chris' routine was lame-o almost solely because of the song. I think that they will be in the bottom three because of it. Unfortunate.
I think Katee and Josh are REALLY good. They are always impressing me.
My favorite routine was far and away was Chelsea and Mark's. I think that was probably a favorite of a lot of people's.
Can you tell I love the show?

Macdonalds said...

I'm glad I'm not the only obsessed one! Disco is so cheesy, even though it can be a tough dance-I don't care for it either.

Our Family said...

Hey Emily,
Don't worry I am totally obessed with SYTYCD too. I can't say this season I have really become too attached to anyone yet. It's wierd because I just loved last seasons dancers. I guess we will see what they bring this week! Also I don't understand the whole sick thing in the summer either. Cache keeps getting the flu which in turn gives me the flu. You would think 110 degrees would kill everything around. Guess not. Anyway just wanted to let you know you have an accomplice when it comes to SYTYCD.

brit said...

hey emily, next time you get tickets to a tour with karin count me in. too bad we live so far away we could have a sytycd party . . .

still no tv but i found the top 10 online. waiting for your critique of that episode :)