Aug 25, 2008

First day of school!



I can't believe I sent my baby to school today. It was harder on me than it was on him. He was so excited to wear his Lightning McQueen "pack pack". We met his teacher, and she is fantastic, this made me feel better. I'm glad he did so well, potty and all. He is so shy, I was a bit worried. We said our goodbyes and I must have stood in the hallway for ten minutes before I finally made myself leave. For those of you that know me, you understand how hard this was. I don't do well with changes but I managed to leave and run a few errands. I was excited to pick him up.
He was so funny, he did not want to take his back pack off to get in the car. As soon as we got home he put it right back on. I hope he doesn't insist on bathing with it and sleeping with it....we will see. So we survived the first day of school and it went well. I have an official preschooler! What a big boy, I am so proud of Gav!

12 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That is such an adorable picture and I am glad you got it up so soon. He is so cute and what a big boy! GO GAV!

Lacey.costner said...

seriously??/ Wow, good job Emily, I know that must have been so hard!!

Dustin and Kristin said...

How exciting. Makaylee keeps asking to go to school. She doesn't start for a couple weeks.

melanie33 said...

Such a big day. I remember it like it was yesterday. But yesterday I sent him off to THIRD grade. Blink. that is how fast it's all going to go from here.

Unknown said...

I bet he'll love it!! He looks to grown up:)

David and Jodee said...

What a cutie!!!

Warners said...

Gavin looks so grown up. Just wanted to say thanks for coming to the party and thanks for the present. Lucy won't take those wings off. We have to make her take them off for bed, but she is aloud to sleep with the feather boa. And happy anniversary

Amanda said...

That was so fun tonight, thanks again! your boys are too cute and I am glad that Max and Grace seem to get along so well :)
Here is the website for the preschool I was telling you about:
http://www.wasatchartscenter.com

Rob and Tiff said...

Emily I'm so excited I ran across your blog. I too love blogging and looking into the lives of others. I can't believe your boys are getting so big. They are so darn cute.

The Clems said...

That is the bset picture of Gavin! He looks like a little man! So grown up. Im glad you handled it so well. Im not looking forward to letting Lily go to preschool!

Brandon and Amber said...

I totally know how you feel! Samantha had her first day of pre-school today and I was worried about how she would handle it, but she LOVED it. Can you believe how fast these kids grow??? I don't even want to think about kindergarten next year!

Sarah said...

Wow! I can't believe he had his first day of school already!! That is a big day! He looks so grown up. I can't imagine the feelings that were going through you and I don't want to think about that day yet. You sound like you handled it well. :)