A conversation with Gav this morning...
I wake up to a sweet little face staring right into mine, our noses are touching. He says "Hi momma, you sweep?" I reply"yes, can I have a hug?" He proceeds to throw his blanket up on the bed and climb to give me a hug and kisses me.
*I love our morning time because Andy is usually feeding Max his breakfast while he gets ready for work and Gavin is a bit slow to eat when he gets up. So he usually snuggles with me for a bit, he likes our big bed and I don't blame him.
I ask Gav if he stayed dry all night ( three months of staying dry all night!!! He is doing great!) He replies "yup, all dry" and pauses "oh... no....da birds! pause ...day outside." He stands up in a hurry and looks out the window. He loves that he can do this on our bed. He stares out the window and becomes extremely excited. He yells enthusiastically "da birds...da bees" "Momma, da birds an da bees! bees! what they doing?" He carried on about them for a while and complimented his enthusiasm with some giggles. All I could do was laugh. I was still trying to wake up and be alert enought to make sure he didn't fall off the bed. He kept repeating it and I wish you could hear his little voice saying it, it was so funny. He was so excited.
He is always putting those kind of phrases together. I was glad that he was literally talking about actual bees outside and the birds he could hear chirping. I do not look forward to that day and it should not be happening for a long while still. So once again my sweet little boy has come up with a phrase to be interpreted in public that will make some wonder..."isn't he just a little young for that talk...and do they really call it "the birds and the bees" these days anyway?
I think I prefer the "beer cold beer" but it's summer time so it doesn't apply. We have also straightened out his pronunciation of the word "beach" thankfully. He is so much fun! I do feel sorry for people that are in public restrooms with us when he needs to go...that is another story but I'm sure that anyone who has potty trained knows what I am talking about.
Max is such a funny boy. He has learned how to climb up on the kitchen table, and proceed to stand up and dance. I am always right there for safety and entertainment sake. I am always amazed at the things he figures out. I need to be better at catching it on camera but then again, I don't dare leave him for even half a second.
I wake up to a sweet little face staring right into mine, our noses are touching. He says "Hi momma, you sweep?" I reply"yes, can I have a hug?" He proceeds to throw his blanket up on the bed and climb to give me a hug and kisses me.
*I love our morning time because Andy is usually feeding Max his breakfast while he gets ready for work and Gavin is a bit slow to eat when he gets up. So he usually snuggles with me for a bit, he likes our big bed and I don't blame him.
I ask Gav if he stayed dry all night ( three months of staying dry all night!!! He is doing great!) He replies "yup, all dry" and pauses "oh... no....da birds! pause ...day outside." He stands up in a hurry and looks out the window. He loves that he can do this on our bed. He stares out the window and becomes extremely excited. He yells enthusiastically "da birds...da bees" "Momma, da birds an da bees! bees! what they doing?" He carried on about them for a while and complimented his enthusiasm with some giggles. All I could do was laugh. I was still trying to wake up and be alert enought to make sure he didn't fall off the bed. He kept repeating it and I wish you could hear his little voice saying it, it was so funny. He was so excited.
He is always putting those kind of phrases together. I was glad that he was literally talking about actual bees outside and the birds he could hear chirping. I do not look forward to that day and it should not be happening for a long while still. So once again my sweet little boy has come up with a phrase to be interpreted in public that will make some wonder..."isn't he just a little young for that talk...and do they really call it "the birds and the bees" these days anyway?
I think I prefer the "beer cold beer" but it's summer time so it doesn't apply. We have also straightened out his pronunciation of the word "beach" thankfully. He is so much fun! I do feel sorry for people that are in public restrooms with us when he needs to go...that is another story but I'm sure that anyone who has potty trained knows what I am talking about.
Max is such a funny boy. He has learned how to climb up on the kitchen table, and proceed to stand up and dance. I am always right there for safety and entertainment sake. I am always amazed at the things he figures out. I need to be better at catching it on camera but then again, I don't dare leave him for even half a second.

4 comments:
birds and bees.... haha. That is funny. I hope you don't have to have that talk for a while. We just recently did with Jonas (he's 8), and he was mortified and horrified. It was not a fun day. I am not looking forward to having to repeat that talk 2 more times.
I'll take mortification over intrigue any day! I'm glad I still have a few more years. I'm not looking forward to it but It's so much better for your kids to learn it from you than anywhere else.
That is so funny! And I thinks it's sweet that he gets in bed with you to give you hugs and kisses. I love moments like that!
ps good luck in a few years when you really do have that "chat"
da birds and bees...that is SO funny! gav is such a cutie :) i love my snuggles in the morning, too! and our max is a climber, but i don't know how you handle your little max! i am glad it's not something in the name or we'd be in trouble too :)
Post a Comment