Aug 18, 2008

15 months old!

I can't believe Max is already fifteen months. It still feels like he was placed in my arms yesterday yet here he is walking, talking, climbing and cuddling. He knows how to melt my heart and at the same time he knows how to make it skip a few beats or come to a stop with some of his tricks. His vocabulary is growing and he is a smart and friendly boy. He still loves to point at everyone and everything. He also loves to wave and says "hi" to everyone. He goes into the kitchen every morning and asks for a nana while on his tiptoes looking for one in the fruit bowl. I had to hide the step stool for obvious reasons. He still makes time to rest his head on my shoulder and cuddle several times a day. He is such a people person and loves attention. He is Gavin's little shadow. I am so glad he is a part of our little family.
His words-

Haiya haiya-he sounds so sweet and sincere and says it to everyone
uh kay- okay
no no no- accompanied with a good head shake
bubbas -bubbles
orsee-horse
nay nay
moo moo
quack quack
duck
baw- ball
uh-oh
daddy
momma
dink -drink
duce -juice
nana -banana
cacka - cracker
cookee- cookie (if you heard him ask you wouldn't turn him down)
sheez -cheese
sues -shoes
moe -more
caw- car
uh uh -up
daw -dog
meow meow
keekee-kitty
a done -all done
dis- this
wow
nigh nigh-he goes into his room and gets his blanket
moons -balloons
doe doe- jojo/josie(my parents dog)
papa- this has melted his grandpa's heart over the past week.

*He points to his belly, nose, ears and eyes. Sometimes he will show you his toes. He loves to look at books and will tell you great stories. He is obsessed with my water bottle and grabs it ever morning and totes it around. I have to hide it now, because he drinks so much and we are still supposed to feed him a ton. Even though he eats more than Gavin he's so busy he burns it all off. ( I think I may need to start climbing on everything too!)

I was anxious to see how much he had grown. He is in the 7th percentile for his weight and actually took a boost in height to 30.5 inches which is the 29th percentile ( he was only in the 2nd percentile at 12 months). His head is 45th. The shots are never fun but he did great once they gave him a sucker.
In the past two weeks we have had some major bruises etc. I thought for sure we were headed to the ER when he cut his head open on the floor vent after a fall but the bleeding stopped quickly and the cut was pretty small considering. I am completely exhausted from all of the scraped knees, tumbles down staircases,black eyes, bruises and goose eggs. Especially when it happens right as I blink my eyes and I am two feet away and Andy is out of town with a wedding. I really hope some of my coordination and balance skills pull through someday for these boys, they need it and my heart does too. I might just have to sign them up for ballet! ha ha! In the mean time I am working on my reflex skills. Good news is my pediatrician says she gets the same stories from other parents with busy boys.

* I have misplaced my camera and haven't taken pictures in a while, I feel awful. One of these days my brain won't be so scattered(when wedding season slows down). I have been staying up way to late watching the Olympics too, but it has been worth it!
*Now I need to get Gavin ready to start preschool next Monday. It's exciting yet scary. Good thing he only goes twice a week for now.

5 comments:

melanie33 said...

I can't believe he is getting so big! Such a cute and smart little man. And busy too. Oh I know how that is... hang in there.
And Gavin starting preschool? How fun! It was a hard adjustment for me though, even more so than kindergarten. Be prepared!

The Clems said...

they grow up so quick! he really is a cutie!

brit said...

good luck with preschool. ella loves it, but the more they are home the better in my opinion :) and sidenote, i miss all of gav's hair!

wasn't the olympics awesome? yeah, america!

Karin said...

I wish I was in the 7th percentile for weight. :)

He is getting a lot of words. Can't wait to talk to him.

Karin

Dustin and Kristin said...

That is so cute. I remember when Makaylee was that little. It is such a fun time to hear and see the new things they learn.
Makaylee starts preschool soon, also.