Aug 8, 2008

Congrats! now I am sad...


Last night was so much fun to watch! I love seeing the routines redone, they seem more polished and it's a cluster of the "best" routines from the season so they are all fantastic. (There were even a few costume upgrades.) I'm so sad that the season is already over, I love this show. I am so happy that Joshua won. He has been consistently good this season and never did a routine I didn't like. I figured he and Katie were the powerhouse couple from the start and look how it turned out-love it! The only question I have is how "untrained" is he? I mean they show pictures of him in a ballet studio when he was younger and the show mentioned he was in a few plays in elementary school etc. I am making the assumption that the difference between a trained dancer is that they actually study dance fulltime and go to school for it??? It's strange being that I am a dancer and I have to question where the show draws the line between trained and untrained... he seemed plenty trained to me.
Oh-well at least it was a good season(minus the dreadful costumes) and I was so happy to have Wade and Shane back to choreograph a little bit too. I miss Chelsea, she should have been in the finale. Can you believe Mary? She can still shake it at her age, I was impressed and it was nice to have a break from her earpiercing screams. Oh Nigel... he sure loves the spotlight. I'm happy Katie got a prize too, she worked hard. I still don't understand why they never show a video montage of the runner up(sucks for Twitch and all the other seasons). They need to show the montage of the final two before they announce the winner next time. Now I will be impatiently waiting for season 5!

5 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

Yeah, this season went by way too fast, and I just didn't think it was as good as last years, but it was nice to have a brother win!! I really wanted Katee to win...oh well, till next year!

The Clems said...

Oooh look, my BF!

anyway, I loved that Josh won! I voted for Katee like 10 times, but Josh was 2nd best for me. And the costumes were a little better. Im just glad it wasn't Twitch. I totally agree with you on the whole "trained" thing. He seemed like he was dancing his whole life. Oh well. I still liked last season better. And did you see Travis!! He looked like he lost 20 pounds or something. Whats up with that? I liked your SYTYCD blogs...I will miss those too!

It was so good seeing you the other day. I want to get together next week. I will give you a call.

melanie33 said...

ya I love that they kept screaming to all of us that Joshua was untrained... blah blah blah, but obviously he has taken classes his whole life. Twitch was not trained... he taught himself right? and just recently started taking classes. I wonder why we never heard that.
Sometimes I think the judges on that show were sooooo biased. Too hard on some and not hard enough on others. But i loved this season. Was bummed katee didn't win, but it was still so much fun to watch.
I just don't know what we will use our tv for now??

Anonymous said...

Too bad you were just here or you could come again and we'd go to the tour.

Gav says the funniest things.

I'll call you later-
Karin

Anonymous said...

Oh- I'm glad Josh won too. He is really good. I love Twitch though- his solos are the best.

Karin