My heart will always ache, though most people will forget. Forgetting is a good things at times. It is about as far away as I can get from my tears and overflow of emotions. It's impossible for me to really forget but when I don't focus on his death I'm a bit more stable. If I keep busy and believe me my two boys are great at that, then it's possible to function. I don't like seeing the worry in Gavin's eyes when he sees me cry. It's not fair to him. Somedays are just better than others. It melted my heart when Gavin ran into me and climbed in bed and wrapped his arms around me saying "momma, I wuv you dis munch!" and gave me a sweet kiss. He really is one of a kind!
May 26th, 2007-
I lost the sweetest little brother in the world. He was at the Sand Dunes 4-wheeling with his friends and was accidentally hit by another ATV. He was crushed and died at the scene. The thought of this makes my stomach sink, my heart ache and my body tremble. He was so full of life and adventure. I never got to say goodbye or give him one last hug or tell him how much I loved him. It was so unexpected. He was only twenty. He had really grown into someone great. I never thought I'd lose him. I'm so grateful that we became as good of friends as we did. He brought a lot of laughter into my life. He was an amazing uncle and helped me out so much whenever Andy wasn't able to. He even changed a few diapers with out complaining. His eyes lit up every time he played with Gavin or held Max (the nine days that he had with him). He was the most thoughtful and forgiving guy that I know. He was responsible, caring, funny and a great friend. He had the biggest heart. We have some great memories. I just can't believe he is gone. The past year has been so hard. It still doesn't seem real.
I miss him terribly. I miss his phone calls- he liked to check in with me and ask for advice all of the time. I miss our shopping trips and long talks (it surprised me how much he listened to what I had to say and that he actually valued my opinion). I miss teasing him. I miss his comments about how "hot" that girl was-even though he didn't have the guts to ever talk to her. He could always make me laugh- even if it meant I was laughing at him. I miss the way he always came through the door and said"Hey!" in a cheerful way no matter what his mood. He was so tolerant and easy going. He was enjoying life and worked really hard so he could. I admired his adventurous spirit. We had some great times together. I just want him back. He means so much to me. There is a hole in my heart and I am so torn up inside. It really hurts. I keep waiting for his phone calls, waiting for him to stop by, waiting to hear about his latest rock climbing, hiking, camping adventure or something. I just keep waiting... Seeing that I can't read the screen I will stop.
I can't wait until I get to see him again. This experience has really made me grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel. I know I will see him again. I'm just having a hard time waiting for that wondrous day.
I love you Eric!

I lost the sweetest little brother in the world. He was at the Sand Dunes 4-wheeling with his friends and was accidentally hit by another ATV. He was crushed and died at the scene. The thought of this makes my stomach sink, my heart ache and my body tremble. He was so full of life and adventure. I never got to say goodbye or give him one last hug or tell him how much I loved him. It was so unexpected. He was only twenty. He had really grown into someone great. I never thought I'd lose him. I'm so grateful that we became as good of friends as we did. He brought a lot of laughter into my life. He was an amazing uncle and helped me out so much whenever Andy wasn't able to. He even changed a few diapers with out complaining. His eyes lit up every time he played with Gavin or held Max (the nine days that he had with him). He was the most thoughtful and forgiving guy that I know. He was responsible, caring, funny and a great friend. He had the biggest heart. We have some great memories. I just can't believe he is gone. The past year has been so hard. It still doesn't seem real.
I miss him terribly. I miss his phone calls- he liked to check in with me and ask for advice all of the time. I miss our shopping trips and long talks (it surprised me how much he listened to what I had to say and that he actually valued my opinion). I miss teasing him. I miss his comments about how "hot" that girl was-even though he didn't have the guts to ever talk to her. He could always make me laugh- even if it meant I was laughing at him. I miss the way he always came through the door and said"Hey!" in a cheerful way no matter what his mood. He was so tolerant and easy going. He was enjoying life and worked really hard so he could. I admired his adventurous spirit. We had some great times together. I just want him back. He means so much to me. There is a hole in my heart and I am so torn up inside. It really hurts. I keep waiting for his phone calls, waiting for him to stop by, waiting to hear about his latest rock climbing, hiking, camping adventure or something. I just keep waiting... Seeing that I can't read the screen I will stop.
I can't wait until I get to see him again. This experience has really made me grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel. I know I will see him again. I'm just having a hard time waiting for that wondrous day.
I love you Eric!


12 comments:
I can't believe it has been a year. That was the most terrifying phone call that I received from Andy. I had no idea what had happened and he had a hard time telling me. I was scared to tears that something had happened to you or the boys. I was sad to hear that Eric was in his accident but grateful that you were okay. I'm glad this weekend is over for you. It is nice to have a day to specifically focus on Eric and remember him but it is also nice for it to pass. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you.
Love,
Karin
That was a beautiful tribute. Your words are very thoughtful. I am so sorry for your loss Emily. You are so strong though. I am glad you are able to be such a wonderful mom to your boys. They need you! I am very honored to be your friend and I will always be here for you.
Katie
I love you Emily! Thank you for being a strong example to me and to everyone else around you. Eric is greatly missed and I am so glad that Dave and I have such wonderful memories of him. You are in my prayers.
Amanda
Emily, I'm truly so sorry for your loss.
Emily, I want you to know that I didn't forget and I think about you often. I know it's not something anyone can ever understand; however, I have lost 3 young cousins and I know how painful and emotional it will always be to those that were close to them. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. I love you and I remember. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
You are doing exactly what you should. Remembering, feeling, and living your life. And each day you can do that is a triumph. And the days you can't, well that's ok too. You just get up the next day and do the best you can. Hang in there, even when it is hard to.
Emily, you are such an amazing person. I'm sorry for your loss.
Thank you for sharing your memories of your brother. Death is awful. I am so sorry you have to go through this. It has truly given me meaning behind the song "families can be together forever." A song I sang all my life with little appreciation brings me much comfort now. Thank you for being honest with your emotions, it's good for you and for us. God bless you.
Love,
michelle
I'm so proud of you Em for being so strong throughout this immensely difficult time. You are an awesome example to me. I've learned so much from you.
xOoXx (Little Kiss, Big Hug, Little Hug, Big Kiss, Little Kiss)
-Andy
I hope you all know how much your support,love and thoughtfulness means to me. Things haven't been easy but knowing that people care makes it bearable. It's a blessing to know that I can count on your friendship!
love,
emily
YOu too know what it's like to loose someone dear to you. I take comfort in your words and also am grateful for those out there that have offered prayers in our name. We appreciate that. Thank you for your kind words and friendship.
I know this year has been difficult for you, but hope that you as well are feeling the peace that can only come through the spirit.
Emily, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your brother. You are such a strong person. I am so sorry for your loss. We love you and your cute family.
Post a Comment