*To enhance this reading please select Suzie Q from my playlist and have a listen
I honestly can't believe it has been one year already. Max is one very special little boy. He came to me because Heavenly Father knew I needed him. I didn't know at the time how important he would become to me but I found out just days later. He is my snuggly, cuddly baby I have always hoped for with lots of hair I might add.
This is what I wrote when he was born-
"We had Max wed. May 16th at 6:54 am. He was delivered cesarean and is beautiful! I still can't believe his hair! He weighed 7lbs 11 oz and was much bigger than my doctor thought. He was 19 1/2 inches long. He is super sweet and adorable! This was a long and miserable pregnancy but well worth every minute of it! "
Here's his story, it is long but it is my blog. We had only mentioned the idea of trying for another child and I was pregnant. Ten days after Max was born I knew without a doubt that God had been watching over me and his plan was far more precise then I expected. This pregnancy started out scary from the beginning. At the first ultrasound there was no heart beat, and it appeared to be an empty sac. My uterus was having some trouble due to scar tissue from my previous c-section. I was in a lot of pain from the beginning and we were unsure of anything for the first few weeks.
On Oct. 31st we heard his precious heartbeat and saw him. this was one of the best moments of my life. My prayers were answered. Things got progressively better as I got progressively bigger. We were finally opening our hearts and getting excited. On January 2nd we weren't surprised to find out he was indeed another boy! Things were going well. My migraines and morning sickness were gone with few exceptions and I was just anxious for Andy to be graduated and for May to come.
Unfortunately at 26 weeks I started having contractions occasionally. By 27 weeks they were every 15-20 minutes apart. We went to labor and delivery and spent a long time being monitered. I was put on partial bed rest in hopes that the contractions would stop. They had determined that my uterus(being bicorniate and full of scar tissue) was having trouble with the pregnancy. From that point on I had a lot of people praying for me and I know that it was because of all of the faith, love a support that I was able to somehow make it to May 16th. Andy and I set goals, and after each one passed we were more and more grateful. We made it to Andy's gradutation( that was one of the biggest blessings).
Things were looking really good at this point, besides the consistent contractions and restrictions. Then Andy and I made a dumb decision to move back to Salt Lake before the baby. We moved our things into storage and lived with my grandma while we waited for our apt. to be finished. Andy moved our things(just necessities) on May 15th.
On May 14th we did an amniocentesis and his lungs were developed and we were able to plan the c-section for May 16th. My doctor was concerned that he was too small and wanted to be sure on his development. The amnio was pretty scary but I told myself that a needle was nothing compared to being sliced open and having a baby pulled out. Thank goodness we did the amnio! His lungs were great and they also noticed some important things about his postion. Because of my uterus his legs had been growing in part of the other uterus, underneath the septum. He was also breech- they thought he was head down for months. This was helpful for my doctor in preparation for the c-section. I was so relieved after all of this and was ready for Wed. morning.
Wednesday morning came- 4:00 am to be exact. We had to be to the hospital for preparations etc. I could hardly sleep and was so anxious to be done with all of these contractions and most importantly to meet Max. * Max was his name from the beginning. Andy and I could not agree on anything else so it was Max no matter what (sorry mom).
As they operated we had the pleasure of listening to oldies music(it was a good thing my dad raised me on the "oldies but goodies"). The song "Suzie Q" was playing in the background and at 6:54 I felt the tugging sensation in my numb body and heard him cry. He had such a good cry. I was so happy. And the first thing they said was "He has a lot of hair!" They showed him to me briefly and then whisked him away to be cleaned up. He was beautiful! It was amazing! I just longed to hold him. It was so hard being strapped to a table and having no control over your body. The narcotics made me so tired, I really had to fight to stay awake. I was glad to be moved onto my bed and have my little Max (with lots of hair) in my arms at last! He was incredible!
Happy Birthday Max, you are such a delight and bring a smile to anyone who's near. You are my comfort child and will be forever grateful for you. Your adventurous, curious, determined personality will take you so many places! I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!



8 comments:
Aw... happy birthday to the little man. I cannot believe he had so much hair from day one! I have not seen anything like that! So cute. I guess he had to be adorable, to compensate for all the worry he put you through before he got here, right?
Happy birthday max!!! What a special boy. I know he was sent to your family for a reason. Have a great day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sienna sends her love. I love the pictures of the boys together below too.
Good luck with the house meeting today. i hope it goes well.
Love,
Karin
happy birthday max! i hope you guys had a great day! the slide show is super cute! can you believe you have made it a year? i'm so glad that you have your sweet, little max! what a blessing he is.
what a sweet story!! He is such a cute boy and I'm sure such a huge blessing for you!
Hey Em. I had a great time at the party. Thanks for inviting us! Take care and we will talk soon.
Wow! I'ts crazy how things turn out. What a sweet story of the comming of little Max. He is apart of a special family.
Where are the pictures of your cake???
Post a Comment