We celebrated Max's first birthday Sunday with our friends and family. It was great that so many important people were able to come celebrate with us! We had great weather to enjoy our barbecue. Lots of food, lots of fun and very messy! What a great party!
Here's my first attempt at decorating a cake. It was too bad Karin wasn't able to be here and make one for me. I saw this adorable cake mold and couldn't resist the challenge. I am amazed that I finished it, and it was actually pretty fun to do. But I was just a little sad when it was demolished!
Before...


After...I was a little sad but the purpose of a cake is to be devoured, right!

Max loved being the center of attention and having something that Gavin wanted.

Receiving a little help with his cake.
After...I was a little sad but the purpose of a cake is to be devoured, right!
Max loved being the center of attention and having something that Gavin wanted.
Receiving a little help with his cake.
Presents! Max received some great new toys, and lots of clothes! Thank you everyone!
Such a happy birthday boy!
*We also had the boys doctor check ups today. I finally switched pediatricians after all the stress and drama with Max etc. I must say I am very pleased. Thank you Amanda for the referral. Both boys are doing great. Max has finally broke 19 pounds and is in the 5th percentile for height and 2nd for weight(barely on the charts, and exact opposite of Gavin). He is still very small but we are so happy that he is growing and gaining weight. The shots always break my heart but Max did really well. Gavin is doing great, except for the potty training but that will come when he is ready. I am constantly praying for patience in that dept. ( or so help me!!!) I am so very thankful that I have two healthy, happy beautiful boys!

12 comments:
I had the same bear cake for Jonas' third birthday...Only difference is I had my friend make it for me seeing as how I am cake decorating challenged. You did great! I love the ewok shot!! So funny. I can't believe he is one! I remember amanda telling us you were pregnant like it was yesterday... time flies when it isn't your body and your kid!
Those are fun pictures of him with the cake. I love that he could just pick up the entire bear. Maybe you need to feed him some more of that stuff to get him out of the 2nd percentile. :) Good job on the cake. Isn't it crazy how something so small still took so long??? I'm telling you- it's a lot of work. Good job! The other cake looked delicious as well.
Happy Birthday Max. Sorry we weren't there.
Karin
That was a fun party! Im glad we were able to come!
p.s. Max does like like an ewok in that picture!
That was good times at the party! I love the idea of the boys having their own cake to dig into!
Also, I am So glad that you like Dr Esham!
The cake looked great Em!! Very cute!! And Max looks like a doll!! He is so cute and squishy looking!!
Boy, you just keep amazing me with your hidden talents! What a cute cake! I probably would have been sad to see it get eaten after all your hard work too, but it looks like he loved it and had a great birthday!
What a great birthday. You sure have been busy with birthdays this month, huh? It is very fun to see your life thru this. It is a great way to keep in touch.
OK so that post made me laugh. First of all I think the cake was way cute and secondly that is awesome how he just picked it up and started eating. I have to say really cute and funny.
Your cake is AMAZING!!! What is the grass made out of? Super cute. Yeah I still remember the prego Emily! Funny how fast things change.
Jodee-I just colored coconut and used some frosting to make it stick to the plate. (It was actually to cover up the chocolate frosting mistakes so I wouldn't have to move the bear.)
fun party! all the pictures are so cute-especially max with his darling cake! nice job, em! it's great that max is gaining...19 pounds isn't bad :) and i'm glad that you found a pediatrician that you like-there's nothing better!
Post a Comment