May 10, 2008

the bike

The day after Gav's birthday it rained a lot. He was so sad. He kept asking to ride his bike. I was glad that it warmed up the next day. I took him out and we attempted to learn how to ride a bike. Not that he didn't know how already but as tall as he is, he still can't reach the pedals comfortably. He was so funny, he would pedal two or three times and then he would jump off and run to the mud puddle and throw a rock in it and then he would run back to me and climb back on and go. Then he would do it again. Until finally I gave in and we threw rocks in the mud puddle for a long time. I'm glad that this year he hasn't sat in it...yet, he got so muddy on too many occasions last year. Gavin is so full of life. I love his energy, he is truly one special little boy.

He likes to cheat and just scoot a long, I'm sure he will reach the pedals in no time. Until then I may tie some blocks on...hmmm.

I love the excitement in his face! (Please ignore the awful shot of my behind.)


throwing rocks

My back is going to be pretty sore this summer until he gets the hang of it.

His smile can warm any heart! I love how he puts his hands in his pockets, so cute!

6 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

cute pictures!! that last one of gavin is darling :) cole couldn't reach the pedals on his tricycle either...i wish someone would realize that not all three year olds are four feet tall! i'm sure he'll get it soon!

Clay and Katy said...

good luck with the bike riding!!! he sure is cute :) and you look great by the way...love the shoes and jacket!!!

Unknown said...

How Fun!!! That last pic makes him look so grown up and his smile is precious:) He'll love that trike for sure! Kaylee has so enjoyed her's and i'm excited to see how she takes to her new bike this year. She's getting it for her b-day today!

Sarah said...

Already riding a bike, huh?! He is getting so big!
And the pics are dang cute!

melanie33 said...

He is so cute! looks like he is learning young to love the camera. Love the pocket pose. lol. I hope he keeps that up for your sake.

The Clems said...

I cant believe how big he is! I cant wait to see you guys!