I woke up this morning and noticed a small fist resting on my shoulder. I looked over and there was my sweet baby Gavin. Only he is not a baby anymore. I can't believe he is already three years old. It really felt like just yesterday he was learning to walk and talk. A part of me felt sad, sad because he is growing up so fast and I want it to stop....well if he was potty trained, then he could stop growing up after that. Gavin is full of life, inquisition,love and energy. Everyday he discovers something new. Not a day goes by that he doesn't fill our home with laughter. He is a very special little boy. It is amazing how powerful and contagious his happiness is. I am so blessed to be his "momma" and these past three years have been an incredible adventure. I have been reminding myself a lot lately that you are only a kid once, so most of those I'm never going to_____ are being thrown out the window and we are discovering this incredible little world of his together!
We had a great party at the park last night with family and friends. We kept it simple for the kids sake and had pizza and cupcakes and lots of time to play on the slides. Gavin is a bit spoiled but at least he doesn't know it.
Sweet boys!
Gavin and his buddy Hunter
Hungry Andy
Cute cousin Lucy
Opening some presents
Uncle Jeremy was entertaining Max...or maybe Max was entertaining him. Either way it was cute.
The grand birthday present. Gavin was so excited to have his own bike! He also got a double seated wagon to share with Max.
(Gavin is obsessed with Buzz and was so excited/shocked to actually have one. )
It took me a minute to interpret Gavin's latest phrase"too windy and a gone!" Too infinity and beyond! So cute! Happy Birthday Gavin, we love you!




6 comments:
Happy B-Day Gavin! Looks like a ton of fun.
I love the tricycle- so cute.
Karin
He is getting so big! Im glad you guys had a nice party. We will get up there to see you soon!
Happy Birthday Gavin!
Happy birthday Gavin!!! 3 is a fun age. I don't know about boys, but that was the age that Kaylee started to get really sassy. I bet boys are a bit more mellow.
They do grow up fast, don't they? It's so hard sometimes, but really every age I love better than the last. So just know that it keeps getting better and better!
I can't believe that he is 3 already! I still remember when you moved into the ward and Gavin was just a baby. You are such a good mom! Hope you guys had a great day!
happy birthday, gavin! how exciting that he is three! but remember, three is the new two-so watch out ;)
Post a Comment