Apr 19, 2008

One year older

* I have some pictures but Karin REALLY will kill me if I make them public.*
Andy did a great job remembering my birthday this year. Probably because it was the first time in six years that we didn't have finals going on-thank goodness. First he took me to Jimmy Eat World, it was absolutely amazing!!! (okay, minus the sweaty germ fest)
He helped me pick out a fabulous new pair of jeans! I came home to find the wall above my couch filled with several 8x10 framed pictures of Gavin and Max that Andy had taken recently, I was really impressed! He made me breakfast and also gave me some of my favorite lotions from bath and body works,yum! What was really impressive was that he picked out a new figurine for my Willow Tree collection, it was perfect. Supposedly there is one more surprise coming but it won't be here until Monday...hmm? Thank you Andy. you are the best! He did have to work, like most people do but that night my parents watched the boys and we met up with Matt and Karin at the Mandarin for some yummy Chinese dinner and went bowling afterwards. I still suck at bowling and was surprised Andy won,sorry Matt.
It has been a long time since Andy and I have bowled, I was quickly reminded why, but at least it was fun and I didn't drop the ball this time. We wish there was more time to spend with Matt and Karin while they are visiting, bummer. Gavin has been asking for Matt since they bonded at the Kangaroo zoo, it is so cute. Anyway,I got some thoughtful gifts this year and had a wonderful birthday but I am still thinking it feels better to stay 25...I mean 26 is a little too close to 30 for me.
*On another note I saw our friends, Dave and Amanda's new baby girl Grace and she is adorable!!! Congrats!
*And I tried the new chocolate flavored skittles...I don't recommend them. If you are looking for a chocolate fix I suggest the real thing, skittles are meant to be fruity anyway.
I also got these fabulous shoes from my family! I love them!

6 comments:

melanie33 said...

ok #1- happy birthday! If you think 26 is bad, try 29 on for size. I just turned 29 and that is a really scary number. Its the one everyone wants to stay at!
#2- Dave and Amanda's baby is pretty dang cute, I must say.
#3- chocolate skittles? That is SO wrong.

Lacey.costner said...

what a nice birthday!! You have such a sweet husband..and chocolate skittle?? what the heck?? thats just wrong....

Sarah said...

Way to go Andy!! Im impressed that he would help you pick out jeans and that he picked out your favorite lotions. Sounds like you had a great birthday.

ps- I know what you mean about turning 26. I just had mine last month.
and im happy you tried the chocolate skittles out so I dont have to. I was secretly curious if they were worth trying or not.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good birthday to me:) Happy birthday! 26 is a good number! Willow tree stuff is awesome!!!!

Amanda said...

I am so glad you had a fabulous birthday!! Sounds like Andy has learned a lot in your years of marriage on how to do it up right for your birthday! It was great to see you the other day and the dinner was yummy! I want to bring your tupperware back, I will call you :)

Our Family said...

Happy Birthday. Dont think of yourself as 26 just tell everyone you are in your twenties. That sounds younger somehow. I agree, chocolate is meant for chocolate.