Apr 15, 2008

Jimmy Eat World Concert

Hi this is Andy. I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like putting an entry in the old Blog-O-Matic. Last night Em and I went to the Jimmy Eat World concert, and let me just say this...It was awesome! It was the first concert Em and I have ever been to together. We felt a little old at first, because the place was swarming with little Emo teenagers, but that soon changed. A band called Dear and the Headlights opened up...I didn't like them, blah. Then came Paramore...pretty good. I must say that the lead singer, whatever her name is, has got quite the set of lungs for being such a little thing. We got tickets on the floor so we were stripped of all sense of personal space, and moving as one big glob of humans. Em has rubbed off on me a little bit, and I found myself pretty grossed out whenever a wet body part brushed against me, but there's not much you can do about it, and we ended up not caring and going crazy. For as shy as Em can be sometimes she sure knows how to rock out. You should have seen her dance, it was soooo much fun. I kept waiting for her to start crowd surfing or jump into a mosh pit, but thank goodness she didn't. I had fun throwing a few people up to surf with some Polynesian kids, and protecting my wife from rebounding bodies in the mosh pits. Anyway, Paramore finished playing and Jimmy finally arrived. They were great in concert, they sounded very good and had the whole crowd moving the whole time. After the concert was over, we were very thirsty so we grabbed a couple slurpees then came home. It was a great date. I've got to say that my wife is perfect. I love everything about her. Here are some pics from the show, and yes, they are very crappy. My blood was pumping way too fast to hold the little camera phone still.


5 comments:

melanie33 said...

I must say I am partially jealous. I have never seen Jimmy Eat World live, and I imagine they are a good show. I am jealous for that. But I must say the reason I have not is because going to those shows make me sort of feel like the creepy old person trying to hang on to my youth. And all the sweaty body parts. That kind of grosses me out too. And I like to keep my toes unbroken.
I love the mental image of Emily rocking out, I have to say I have not seen that side of her.
Oh, and I love the fact, Andy, that you said you love everything about your wife. That is a pretty big and sweet statement. My husband, unfortunately has lived with me long enough that I am fairly sure he could not honestly make that statement.(and he doesn't even have that good a memory.)
Oh! and I am jealous of the slurpee thing too. mmmmm.

Nick Park said...

HEY! Me and my sister were there too. Definitely not as good of seats as you had (bleachers, three sections back 25 rows up) but it was still a RAD concert. Man there were so many people there for that concert. Amen to the swarm of 12 year-old girls there, I never feel as old as I am really am until I head to concerts like that.

Macdonalds said...

I asked Andy if you guys were going, he probably forget to ask... The floor was a lot of fun, crowded,hot, sweaty germ-infested fun but it was a blast! It was definitely a reality check into my age. (I'm kinda glad you didn't see me rocking out,between you and Andy I might have ended up crowd surfing...lol!

Five Point Restoration said...

Lucky (said with my best, but horrible nonetheless, Napolean Dynamite voice). I went the last time they came and it was one of the best concerts ive ever been to.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i love concerts! unfortunately, i am the only one in my marriage that loves concerts! i tried for two months to get jake to take me to bon jovi...oh well. maybe i'll call you guys next time :)