Mar 30, 2008

"Out out Max, five, deven, nine done"

I am in love with this picture! Max knows how to melt my heart!
Tasty letter "M" for Max.We lost his feet, it was amazing that he even had pants on though. Seriously, his pants seem to come off as soon as he wakes up.
Gavin always wants whatever Max is playing with, it doesn't matter what it is-he just knows it must be the best toy at the moment.It's a good thing Max doesn't mind, he just finds something else nearby, he's so content. Gavin has decided that he can be mommy too sometimes, he has been putting Max in time out lately. It is pretty funny to hear him. "Tay dorry Max wight now! okay?" and "Out out Max, five deven nine done, okay and tiss"( kiss). Max is pretty forgiving though. Thank goodness. They play so well together it is precious-I can only hope that it lasts.

You know you are a mommy when...
I left the house for a few errands and when I finally got home I quickly changed into my comfy sweats. When I was about to throw my jeans in the hamper I was like "what the crap?" oh no, I did not go out like this... The back of my pant legs were covered in snot! How disgusting. I can’t believe I didn’t notice...well I can. Things are so crazy with little ones the last thing I need to remember is to check my pant legs for evidence of my little shadow’s runny nose before I leave the house. Max IS constantly attached to my calves following me everywhere. I wonder how many times has this happened and I haven’t noticed? At least I am humoring some other mother along my way.

It wasn’t even a month ago when I had returned home one night to look in the mirror and see remnants of cookie slobber all down my right side. Or boogers on my skirt at church...Gavin has learned the fine art of nose picking (thank you uncle Jeremy).
I guess I should be grateful, it could be worse right? He never really had a spit up issue and I know that reflux can be yucky. "It’s just snot " was my husbands response. Someday he will do the honors of puking on me or some other disgusting mishap, that’s my luck as a mommy & germaphobe. Good thing most mom’s can relate as we are passing one another at the grocery store thinking," I bet that is macaroni and cheese with a hint of um... applesauce and maybe some green beans....... it brings out her ummm...eyes?"

12 comments:

melanie33 said...

LOL. Yes, you KNOW we have all been there. There is a mystery substance on my clothing on a daily basis and the sad point is when you look down see it, shrug and go, "oh well". May you never get to that point, I pray.

The Clems said...

That pic of Max is sooooo cute!

Lucy said...

yea, Richard is the same way. Whatever Audrey wants, he wants. It doesn't matter if he just took what she just had. Now she has something new and he MUST have it NOW!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Those are fun pictures. It is nice that the boys play so well together. I hope it lasts too!

I can't believe you found more boogers on you coming home. So not fun. I'm sorry! I hope you had a good time in Park City!!

Karin

Ann-Marie said...

I can see why you love that picture. It is sooo cute!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!!!!!! Hope it's a good one:)

.l i c k t e e s. said...

hmmmm...it's your birthday? i hope you had a great day and got a night out without the little boys :) and those are the cutest pictures of max! he's darling! i'm glad that they play well together for you...i am pretty sure i say "stop hurting max!" in a not very nice voice about 100 times a day :) enjoy it while you can.

David and Jodee said...

Your boys are so cute! I bet they keep you busy and laughing all day:)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, what cuties!!
And i can totally relate to your "you know your a mommy when" stories. I havent been a mommy for very long, but I totally change in to comfy clothes the second I get in the house. And When I do go out, its hard to find a shirt without spit up on it. Boy is my girl good at that! :)

Brandon and Amber said...

It was your birthday???? Why didn't you take some fabulous pictures of yourself and post them for all of us to see? I hope it was a great day, and I can't totally relate to all sorts of baby fluids. The stories could fill up pages! :)

Macdonalds said...

hmmm? my birthday is in a two weeks. But thank you for the early wishes.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I really do enjoy doing scrap stuff. But I find it hard to stop, that's the problem:)

Are you going to the scrapbook fair in a few weeks? We are coming up the weekend after, but hopefully i'll get to go next year.