Mar 18, 2008

Silly Gavin, cookies and a new tooth.

We didn't do much for St. Patrick's Day, but for dinner we had lime cilantro fettuccine that was green, with chicken(I'm glad that wasn't green)and green beans. I forgot to take pictures until after we had started eating, it was yummy anyway. We did the corned beef &cabbage on Sunday with my family-lets just say I'm glad there were mashed potatoes and carrots for me. As my boys get older holidays will become more and more fun. Hopefully I will become more festive too. I am so excited Dancing with the Stars is back on!!!(just had to throw that in.)
Gavin has been coming up with some funny phrases lately. A few things have been embarrassing but we laugh about it anyway.

-Last night during Family home evening we were in the middle of the lesson and Gavin pipes up,"momma, I be white back kay momma". He came back with his sunglasses on riding his firetruck. I guess sunglasses help you listen...or maybe Noah needed them while he was out boating? Funny boy.
-After he had finished his lunch I was cleaning off his tray and he stood next to me and waved saying, "bye bye my lunch, det in da trash".
-Sacrament meetings have been slightly embarrassing/humorous. He likes to make a grand exit as we walk down the hallway after nursery. When it snowed Sunday he was shouting"beer, cold beer" he meant brrr but it sounds like beer.
-The week before he was shouting"oh jeez, oh jeez, oh jeez..." the entire way to the car.
-I had to leave sacrament meeting to feed Max, as I reached the doors I heard a little boy yelling" bye momma! Boobs! Boobs! Boobs! no,no potty?"
-"see ya water kay, have a dood day".
-he has learned to use the phrase "no tanks" and "be tuz I ted toe"often.
-"you kay?" he asks while he is pushing Max off his fire truck.

Making COOKIES! with Gavin. We had a lot of fun while Max was sleeping. The finished product was consumed before I remembered to take more pictures,I don't know why...
All dressed up for a wedding reception.
Yep, that's a puzzle piece with the nob, apparently it is a popular replacement for the bink. He had a top tooth break through this week and I'm sure the other one will follow quickly. I'm just glad it hasn't affected his NEW sleeping habits. He is finally sleeping eight /nine hours! I am beginning to function again, crossing my fingers that it lasts. I can't believe he is TEN months old. It doesn't seem possible. I wish he didn't grow up so fast but at the same time I love watching all the new and crazy things he does. He has quite the sense of humor, and is extremely busy/inventive. He is my snuggle buddy. I am glad he still lets me hold him. I love just love him! We go back to the doctor at the end of the week to check his weight again but other than that he is just perfect!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! i love gavin's little sayings! and i think kids save the most embarrassing comments just for church! he's such a cutie :) i'm glad max is sleeping better for you-and i hope it lasts!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!!! tHE boob comment would totally make me laugh and be embarrassed at the same time. What good things to write down in his baby book/scrapbook, so he can see it later on:)

Karin said...

I love the first picture of Gav and Max. So fun.

Karin

Brandon and Amber said...

Nothing better than a little boy yelling "BOOBS!!" in church! :)

Our Family said...

They are so cute. I love when kids say the funniest things. Max's hair is awesome. I love the mohawk...really cute.

Nick Park said...

I can't believe he yelled that in church, that was hilarious! I laughed pretty hard at that. Good stories!

Shara Parker Park said...

I love hearing about your boys, they are so dang cute! I love the phrases they come up with.

Lacey.costner said...

your boys are going to be such heartbreakers!! Max is so friggin cute!!!