Jan 28, 2008

A sweet reunion at last!

The news of President Hinckley's passing was bittersweet last night. He leaves us with an incredible legacy. I am so happy that he is reunited with his eternal sweetheart. I know that was a sight to see. It is sad to see him go but at the same time he has done so much for the church, he was ninety-seven years old and he missed Marjorie so much. I can only imagine their joyful reunion! His life story is absolutely incredible! You didn't have to know him personally to know that he genuinely cared for you. I am grateful for the inspirational words that he has shared with us for so many years. We have truly been blessed to have him guide our church. I know he was called of God and that he dedicated his life to the gospel. He played a key part in my life growing up and gaining my own testimony. General Conference will never be the same. I will cherish his sweet sense of humor, I hope he can nudge Eric in the behind with his cane and tell him to pull his pants up for me, and then give him a great big hug for me too. He is truly one of a kind!
My picture was deleted some how but here's a great link!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/28/us/28hinckley.html?em&ex=1201669200&en=9eab2e2b7d8eb694&ei=5087%0A

No comments: