Jan 9, 2008

sleep at last!

Max has gone through numerous sleep issues. I was excited at twelve weeks when he slept for 6 hours regularly at night, that didn't last long. I have really tried to get him on a schedule and to figure things out. Back in September everyone thought "he must be teething"...well still no teeth a whole lot of drool but no teeth (I'm not complaining, because I'd probably have to shut down the local breastaurant). We have tried to let him cry it out...it breaks my heart and I'm clearly not cut out for it. He was a pretty good sleeper but I don't know what happened. Well, yes I guess I kind of know. I did spoil him like crazy and he has slept in bed with me for quite sometime but I am working on that. When you are so utterly exhausted you get to a point where you just do what's easiest... darn. Enough said, I went out and bought a homedics spa sound machine. It turns out that Max just likes to listen to the ocean or something while he sleeps. Okay, maybe it was just that our neighborhood is sooo unbelievably quiet that the slightest noises would irritate the little man. Needless to say it is day three and he is consistent so far with eight hours so I will take it! Hopefully I can get myself on the same schedule- I NEED SLEEP!

On a funny note- Gavin really loves little mandarin oranges. They are great little treats because they are healthy and the perfect size for "do it by-self" toddler hands. He had tried to take his orange to bed with him one night. I told him no and set it on the table. He thought we weren't looking and he hurried and grabbed it and hid it under the covers. When I came back over to kiss him goodnight I asked "where is your orange?" He looked at me with the funniest face, then he reached under his blankets and pulled it out and said "orange, where'd it go" with a surprised smile on his face. He is really turning into a mischievous boy!
Sorry no pictures today.

3 comments:

The Clems said...

The brestaurant! Thats hilarious!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i am so with you on the sleep! i still can't get max to sleep great at night-and i use sound, too! but he does sleep well during the day. i think i can blame teething or an ear infection, or me. but i feel your tiredness, seriously :) and aren't you loving gavin at this stage of growing up! i feel the same way about cole. they say and do the funniest things!

Taylor Kowallis said...

We have to do the same with our girls. We have this teddy bear that makes the sound of a heart beat and they just konk out when we turn it on! Cute blog! Im adding you to my list of friends I hope that okay!! :)