Jan 14, 2008

"eggs in da ridge"

eggs
This morning Gavin had finished his breakfast and had a bath etc. It was time for Max to eat his second breakfast. I was nursing Max in my room and Gavin was playing in his..well that's where I left him. It was unusually quiet and any mother knows that is a REALLY bad sign. Sure enough, I hurried and put the protesting starving baby down and ran into the kitchen. There was a very happy Gavin covered in eggs. He managed to open the fridge and pull out all the eggs. They were everywhere. He had obviously dropped some and the yolks were running everywhere. All over the floor, all over the curious two year old and on most everything in the fridge. If it weren't raw eggs I would have taken a second to get the camera but no such luck. We had an eventful morning cleaning the "ridge" and getting Gavin "all qween". Gavin continued to ask for "eggs, eggs, yum yum yum....pease, pease?" Well, a few were salvageable so I scrambled them up after we finished cleaning the mess and poor neglected starving Max was able to eat again in peace, Gavin had an extra breakfast and I need to go back to the store. Of course all the eventful things happen right after daddy leaves for work...he sure misses out sometimes don't you think?

5 comments:

The Clems said...

Thats so funny! The silence is never good...they are almost always getting into trouble!

p.s. Im still waiting to go to the Kangaroo zoo! :)

Unknown said...

Hope you got some pics. That must've looked really funny:)

Clay and Katy said...

oh man that is funny!! that is one for the journal for sure!!!!

Anonymous said...

That boy!

So, when are you coming out? There is a huge aquarium in Dallas and the Ft. Worth zoo is pretty awesome too. (I've never been to eiher... it is hard to convince Matt right now because Sienna is still so little) but Gav would love it.

Anonymous said...

i am seriously laughing right now because that EXACT thing happened to me last summer...i was busy nursing max and cole was busy scrambling his own eggs on the kitchen floor! i didn't get any pictures either :) that is so funny!!