As a mom of two boys I have really had to adjust and make some changes within myself. It isn't easy being a girl who hated the feeling of drying mud on her skin, or digging dirt out from underneath her manicured nails. I love to get dressed up, I love my high heels, and I am obsessed with eyeshadow and lip gloss. I was a girl who really didn't have "play clothes" just to get dirty in. I hate dirt and germs period! That's just the way I am. With very few exceptions. There were a some late nights irrigating with my dad and Eric where we got into some good mud/water fights:) But seriously, my dad is still in shock at all the yard work I have done at my house. He made fun of me when we bought it, and told Andy he better hire some help, because there's no way I would have anything to do with it.
I do like to fish and don't mind finding worms to bait my hook. I will go camping(for maybe a day, two at most) and hiking, running and other outdoor activities but I am particular about how I go about, that's all. Since becoming a mother it has been a real learning experience. Everyday I am getting better at handling dirt, bugs, sticky fingers and messy faces, sharing my food and all of that yucky goodness that comes with kids. I am learning to sit back and laugh. It hasn't been easy to adjust but I couldn't have asked for better teachers to show me how to play and have fun. I am so blessed to be their mommy and I love everything about MY boys!
I have two little boys
That means four muddy hands and four muddy feet.
Two pairs of muddy wet pants, four soaking drenched socks. Four, sometimes six, squishy, yucky dirty shoes; because sometimes I am forced to join in the fun:)
Two sweet, adorable, happy muddy faces.
And best of all, two pairs of sparkling sapphire blue eyes full of complete and total bliss, and hearing simultaneously "I lub you mommy!"
I am so blessed and I "lub" being their mommy!
*I am sure they will grow into young men, that will still love to get muddy)
I do like to fish and don't mind finding worms to bait my hook. I will go camping(for maybe a day, two at most) and hiking, running and other outdoor activities but I am particular about how I go about, that's all. Since becoming a mother it has been a real learning experience. Everyday I am getting better at handling dirt, bugs, sticky fingers and messy faces, sharing my food and all of that yucky goodness that comes with kids. I am learning to sit back and laugh. It hasn't been easy to adjust but I couldn't have asked for better teachers to show me how to play and have fun. I am so blessed to be their mommy and I love everything about MY boys!
I have two little boys
That means four muddy hands and four muddy feet.
Two pairs of muddy wet pants, four soaking drenched socks. Four, sometimes six, squishy, yucky dirty shoes; because sometimes I am forced to join in the fun:)
Two sweet, adorable, happy muddy faces.
And best of all, two pairs of sparkling sapphire blue eyes full of complete and total bliss, and hearing simultaneously "I lub you mommy!"
I am so blessed and I "lub" being their mommy!
*I am sure they will grow into young men, that will still love to get muddy)

1 comment:
I heard about gavins muddy puddle jumping at soccer practice! Your boys are so cute!
Post a Comment