Sep 7, 2010

Happy 8!

Well I know I was a tad selfish this year for our anniversary, seeing that I was in Texas with my boys and Andy was back home. But his mommy was super nice and took him in for dinner that day and made sure he didn't go hungry. Actually, Andy insisted we go to Texas because it may be a really long time before we can go again with school starting etc. So we made plans to celebrate when I got back. We had a really great weekend together:)

We started out with a delicious dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. The table was covered with rose petals and a little note that said Happy Anniversary. We had a really great waiter too! The food comes out sizzling hot on a five hundred degree plate and the food is AMAZING!

The manager offered to take a picture but he didn't focus it... ha ha
It looked so pretty and tasted so good!

Eight years later and we're more in love than ever.

-We have two very incredible boys, that make life exciting, entertaining and complete!
-One of those amazing boys is now a kindergartner! They grow too fast!
-We own a really great home, that I love!
-We are working on the backyard now, I can't believe how much you appreciate things when you put the hard work, creativity and labor into your own things. It's pretty darn rewarding.
-Gavin asks everyday if it's done yet so we can get a fence and get a dog. He wants a dog so desperately he's almost convinced me that we need one too... we'll see.
-We've both discovered new hidden talents through this process of home ownership too:)
-Andy has a great job, that he loves and is putting his Bachelors degree to great work. Don't worry, he still takes amazing pictures occasionally too.

Here are eight things that I love about my husband:
-The way is blue eyes sparkle when he smiles
-His contagious smile, seriously I wouldn't be where I am with out his ability to always make me smile. Laughing together is the key to a happy marriage! Life is too short not to laugh often and enjoy the bumps in the road.
-His hard work and creativity, he always has amazing ideas and he's finally being recognized for his abilities at his new job. They have nicknamed him "The Wizard".
-This leads me to loving and appreciating his humility, he is very humble and doesn't give himself enough credit.
-His hugs, he gives the best hugs and has learned/ is learning how to support someone who battles severe depression EVERY. DAY. It isn't easy but he thinks I'm worth it and I love him for that.
-I love that he has a strong testimony and holds the Priesthood.
- He is the cutest, best dad ever! His boys love him so much and really look up to him. I couldn't ask for more.
-Most of all, he still tells me, and believes that I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. He makes me feel special. I mean he doesn't always have his contacts in, and sometimes he's a little tipsy from too much cream soda but it means a lot to me.
Here's to eternity!

We look so young!

3 comments:

trishanna said...

hey I have a great Idea! you can have our dog! Its perfect, his name is brownie so you should love him!

The Clems said...

i love it! you look so cute in that pic of you and andy! you guys look so little!

The Odd Couple said...

Hey thats where I want to go on our anniversary. Did you have to tell them it was your anniv before or just when you got there? I'm super excited!