May 8, 2010

Party Time!

I am one lucky mama to be blessed with such sweet, adventurous, amazing, not-so-little boys! I sure love being a mom! It's the greatest blessing ever!
Showing off their dragon toy collection, thanks to papa and his eBay skills!



This french toast is delish!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Having your birthday on a week day isn't a bad thing, it just means you have an excuse to celebrate your birthday all over again. I got up early and made him his favorite "candy toast". It is the best french toast recipe ever!!! It's from Kneaders. We then had lunch at the coolest restaurant on earth to most five year olds, McDonald's with grandma and grandpa. Lots of playtime and celebrating all day. Then It was time for him to wait until Saturday for the actual party.

We took the boys to see "How to Train Your Dragon" for my birthday last month and Gav has been obsessed ever since. He has asked for a black dragon cake multiple times a day too. So naturally I gave in and here it is-

Before the wings. I was afraid the wings wouldn't hold up for very long. ( Andy got more pics, I'll load later.) He turned out a lit fatter than I wanted but it was the only way I could make it work. This was a lot of fun to make! Just sad to watch it demolished in seconds by hungry little ones.


Since our boys birthdays are so close together we combined the party. Don't worry, Max got a personalized cake too. He picked what almost any soon to be three year old would choose...Perry the Platypus(from Disney's Phineas and Ferb cartoon). Random? Pretty much, but that is typical form Max. I thought his cake would be the easy one but it was such a moist cake it kept falling apart. I had my creative work cut out for me. I got inventive and it still turned out okay.

I also got a brand new dining table. We have never purchased one, and I think everyone can agree that we were in desperate need of a new one, well at least some chairs that don't make you feel sea sick while you eat:)





These boys couldn't be more spoiled! We are so grateful for awesome friends and family. Thank you so very much for being so involved and caring about our little family. I love you all!



More fun at a Bouncin' off the walls!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cakes look awesome, especially the dragon one! Too cute:)

melanie33 said...

the cakes are adorable, you are such a fun mom!

The Clems said...

such a fun party! lily had so much fun. those cakes are cool! thanks for posting a pic of lily. i hate missing out on all the good times!

Karin said...

Happy birthday boys! Great cakes, Em.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

happy (late) birthday gav! love the party, love the cakes.

and happy birthday (in two days) max!