He sure has a thing for mommy's shoes. He slides around in different pairs daily. I was impressed with his skills, he can ride his firetruck in them quite well and walks better in them than a lot of women I know. I can't wait to have a home and a closet that is(attempted to be) Max proof.
"I'm Trouble!" A new phrase I'm hearing lately from our little Maxman. He says it so casually. He wakes up in the morning and literally jumps out of bed. He runs in our room and shouts"hi guys, lets go!" or "I want choc-it milk peeeeeeeeeeeease!" and sometimes "I wanna watch Shawn da Sheep". I know this because I have been fortunate(not sure of a better word) enough to actually wake up before him and see the process. He's asleep one minute and as soon as those eyes pop open he pops right up, rolls over, climbs out of bed and runs. In fact he runs all day until he is conquered by exhaustion in the afternoon. Not only does he run but he has a story for everything. He is one major chatterbox. It sure is entertaining and it is really helping Gavin too.
I've tried putting those baby proof doorknob covers on the inside of his door to keep him contained at nap time and to prevent him from waking up Gavin too early. 5:45 am is a bit early for most people. Those worked for less than a week. I heard him working at the knob and finally I heard him say/yell, "I DID IT!" followed by a giggle and then hearing the sound of plastic pieces hit the wall. The door cracked open and then he...ran. Just because it is childproof does not mean it is Max proof, that is for sure. The next day, he figured out a way to climb the baby gate too. It takes a lot of strength and effort but with the determination and creativity he was blessed with...I don't know why I was surprised.
I love it when we go anywhere in the car. He always locks his door with his foot and when we go to get him out he points and says "you locked it!" If he doesn't understand what someone has said to him he'll ask "what did you say?" He also likes to make song requests at bedtime and tells me what story(s) to read. It's becoming a lengthy process but I wouldn't trade it for anything. " no night night, sing abc's....now little star"...etc.He loves to be snuggled, sung to and looking at books.I love the little happy gallop/dance that he does every time he gets excited.
He sure is one incredible little boy that lights up all of our lives!
Gavin is doing great. He loves preschool, he loves being outside, he loves playing in the dirt and the pool. He loves his trains, it broke my heart when we got home from school and he would not get out of the car. He insisted that we go to the store and get more train tracks. Money is not an easy concept for kids. Since he just got new toys/trains for his birthday we really couldn't just go buy him more because he wanted them. It was so sad. He loves to ignore me, and do his own thing. We are still best buddies and he still needs his mama sometimes. But most of all he loves his Papa Craig. Almost to the point I'm a little jealous. He refuses to come home when we visit and all he prays for is "to go to papa's house please". I must admit he is a great grandpa!
He sure is one incredible little boy that lights up all of our lives!
Gavin is doing great. He loves preschool, he loves being outside, he loves playing in the dirt and the pool. He loves his trains, it broke my heart when we got home from school and he would not get out of the car. He insisted that we go to the store and get more train tracks. Money is not an easy concept for kids. Since he just got new toys/trains for his birthday we really couldn't just go buy him more because he wanted them. It was so sad. He loves to ignore me, and do his own thing. We are still best buddies and he still needs his mama sometimes. But most of all he loves his Papa Craig. Almost to the point I'm a little jealous. He refuses to come home when we visit and all he prays for is "to go to papa's house please". I must admit he is a great grandpa!


10 comments:
It's sweet to see the mommy/son relationship you have with each of your boys. It sounds like you are enjoying them, just like you should be. :)
I love how he was able to get the door knob thing off, LOL! That cracks me up:) I put those things on and it's been great! Sometimes they're even a little hard for me to open:)
cute shoes, btw:)
You have the cutest kids! I love them! They are so sweet :)
your story sounded a lot like my little max...only with a lot less talking :) your max is a chatterbox! what a cutie!
and little gav-tell him to come to our house to play and i'll let him slip some train tracks in his pockets ;)
Okay Max, I'm starting to think you have a slight obsession with girls' shoes... blackmail for the future?
i'm trouble is right! and i loved the pix in the high heels. so funny.
we're coming for a visit in july so we will have to get together and let all the troublemakers play!
That would be so fun Brit! Sounds like a great plan!
such cute boys and what a good mom you are!
love the shoes btw :)
Max is totally spot on about all the shoes--you have awesome shoes. I'm not surprised he likes them!
Your boys are so adorable! You must be exhausted. I can't believe how fast they grow.
Post a Comment