I was huge!
I'm full of a lot of emotions right now. This month is exceptionally harder than any month all year but it is also filled with three really happy occasions. Heavenly Father plans things for a reason. My boys birthdays and Mother's day. I'm so unbelievably blessed to be a mother to the cutest, sweetest, busiest, most adventurous boys. Gavin's birthday is tomorrow and I can't help but feel sad. I'm more than grateful to have had four years with him and hopefully a lifetime more. I can't believe he is already four. Time goes by way too fast. I hate that I spend even a moment of my day mad or frustrated with him. What I would give to have more patience with him. It has been an incredibly fun four years but also pretty emotional. We've been through a lot together. He is my buddy. I knew from the moment I was able to hold him after he was born that he was special. Special in several ways. He is a mama's boy through and through but he sure has unbreakable bonds with all of his "Papas" and his daddy.
7 months
I look back and get a good laugh at the length of his hair and how it just stood up. I'm sure he's glad I broke down and cut it.
This is one of my favorite pics!
7 months
I look back and get a good laugh at the length of his hair and how it just stood up. I'm sure he's glad I broke down and cut it.I don't have the clearest memories from when he was born. A lot of drugs for pain and a long c-section recovery. Not to mention postpartum depression that followed it. I do remember the day I found out I was expecting him. I had taken three negative tests. We went ahead and bought a new car, since Andy's B-2000 bit the dust. I started a semester of school and then all the sudden my favorite lotion(love spell) smelled awful. It was so bad I had to shower to get rid of the nausea. I thought the lotion went rancid or something. I still can't wear VS lotions anymore. I was still late and took another test the very next morning. It was positive. I ran upstairs ecstatic and shared the news with Andy in the garage. For the next nine months I enjoyed pudding, apples and french fries. That diet produced a 55+ pound gain and only a 7 lb 2oz but stunningly beautiful boy. He was incredible. I loved the way his tiny hand grasped my finger and wouldn't let go. Despite my high anxiety,the c-section went really well. Andy did all the diaper changes in the hospital and nursing came easy. We did lots of snuggling and laughing. He has always been one to smile no matter what. He still has the best baby laugh I have ever heard. I'm so glad I recorded it. It really seems like yesterday. And all the sudden I am looking at my four year old Gavin. He is a rock collecting, puddle jumping,rocket ship loving, car loving, outdoor adventure seeking, amazing, sweet boy. He has come so far with his speech development and loves preschool. He loves to dance, paint,help mommy, and go to papa's house. He can pray all by himself, jump, skip, hop, button buttons,count to ten,he knows his colors, shapes and is recognizing letters and many more things. He is one special boy and we are blessed to be his parents. I love you Gav! Happy Birthday!!!





6 comments:
Happy birthday Gavin!!! 4 is such a fun age I think. They're still a child, but can understand you and help you out around the house:) Hope he has a great birthday:)
I can't believe how long your hair was!!! I wish I could grow hair like that:)
aww what a cutie. I know I just celebrated Jonas' (my oldest) 9th birthday and I cannot believe the way the time has flown. It's going to just keep flying so hang onto every moment you have!!
It's so fun to look back sometimes and see how far you've come.
Happy Birthday, Gavin!!
That third picture is my favorite.
Okay Okay- I believe you now that you gained a tiny smidgen more than you did with Max. LOL - oh and look how long your hair was. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN. I LOVE YOU!!!
Happy Birthday, Gavin!
I can still remember the night we came to your grandma's house to watch the ultrasound. I was stunned--mine was in a couple days, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was to see. And look at him, now! We miss you guys, and we'll see you soon!
Wow he is 4! Can't believe it. Well you and Andy have such cute kids. I love the 55+, I think I am going to use that when people ask me how much I gained. But let me tell you it was quite a bit more than that! Happy Bday Gavin.
Post a Comment