May 6, 2009

The party

We went to the Discovery Gateway with some of our friends to celebrate and play today. It was quite a day. The kids loved all the hands on things to explore. It was a lot of fun and definitely something to do again! We ended the day with pizza, presents and the much anticipated rocket ship cake. Gav had a hard time waiting to eat it since he watched me work all day on it yesterday.

I must have checked it thirty times because I was so afraid it would give way. But it stayed standing until we cut it up. It was a little slanted but I had so much fun making this for Gav. He was in heaven!
This face will make anyone smile!
Being a little timid.

Not interested in the news room...maybe it was because I made them sit in a chair.
Hunter
Mason
Busy exploring
So much fun!
Gavin's new found girlfriend Sadie. She is so cute with him.

The helicopter was their favorite part.

Gav's birthday present from us. I think he took over 300 photos tonight.
It passed quality control and gave way after some finger tasting. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

8 comments:

Karin said...

The ship looks great. Don't worry about it slanting, that could have been on purpose, it looks good!! :) I like the pictures-all of them except the one with 'Sadie'. :) jk

Unknown said...

That cake is amazing!!! Great job:)

jessi said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for inviting us. I hope Gavin had a wonderful birthday! BTW the cake looks great!! Want to make Carters???? maybe you could teach me how!

Jodee Luke said...

oh my gosh em that cake looks great-how did you make it? what a fun mom you are:)

Macdonalds said...

Thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of fun to make and not as stressful as I thought. I baked two 9x13 cakes and cut out circles. I froze them and then layered them on a dowel with frosting in between. I wanted to make a filling but was afraid it wouldn't hold as well. I then froze the whole thing and frosted it that night and put an ice cream cone on top. I should have spent more time making it level but once it was decorated it didn't look so much like a dolphin. Gavin loved it!

Ben and Brittney said...

The cake looked so cute! Happy Birthday Gavin

The Clems said...

sorry i missed it :( happy birthday gavin!

p.s. very cute cake!

Brandon and Amber said...

Great cake Em! Happy Birthday Gavin!