May 18, 2009

birthday boy!

How does someone so tiny grow so fast?
I still can't believe all the hair he had. He was perfect! He is my angel baby. I don't think he went more than ten minutes with out being held until he could crawl. He gave me strength that I would not have had from anywhere else. The timing of his birth could not have been more perfectly planned out for the unknown life altering experience ahead of me and my family. I hope he will always bring laughter and joy into the lives of others. He sure makes motherhood fun, nerve wracking,breath taking, exhausting and so totally worth it!
My first attempt with fondant...I was surprised my hands weren't permanently blue.
"I'm TWO!" said while holding up only one finger and giggling. Happy Birthday Max!!! We had a great weekend celebrating.
I can't believe we have been blessed to have such a sweet, energetic and happy little boy in our home for two years already. Not a day goes by that he doesn't make us laugh. His smile is contagious. I admire his outgoing and social personality. Sometimes it scares me how easily he interacts with complete strangers, like calling them grandpa at the airport or climbing onto their lap at church. But that is our Max.
He loved the M&M cake i made for him with a "choc-at cookieeeee" filled center. he was so distracted by the candy he wouldn't blow out his candles. It took some help from Gav.
Showing everyone his new tool set.
Playing on the Sli-yed at the park. He loves the outdoors. He would rather be outside playing than almost anything. Even opening his own birthday presents. We had to block him in the family room. he kept asking individuals "You wanna go OU-SIDE and pay?" "Okay, let's GO!" His little legs sure run fast.
Enjoying his CAKE. He gets so excited about somethings that the best way to describe is all caps. he's funny.

He was trying so hard to be patient while we helped get the TOYS out of the grandma-proof packaging. I'm glad we got a picture of his hands together. he does this a lot when he's trying to wait. It doesn't last long and he tries to do things himself. He takes after his mommy and is our "morning sunshine" he gets everyone up around 6 am daily with a kiss and a "hi guys!' I swear he starts everyday off running and talking. His vocabulary is amazing. I love listening to the things he comes up with. He is quite the talker and social bug. He hates being alone and really loves his brother. We sure love having this sweet boy in our little family! I love my BOYS!

*On a side note, our computer broke, Andy ordered the parts and it's finally fixed. I didn't have a chance to brag about my mother's day. It was a great day. I was served a yummy breakfast in bed, and he cleaned the kitchen. At church they passed out chocolate truffles-I think a woman had this incredibly satisfying idea. He also surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of bright pink roses. The boys and I made specialty cupcakes for the grandmas and we enjoyed lots of time with the family. I'm sure grateful for having a wonderful mom, and many other amazing women in my life!I have been really spoiled lately with vacations and shopping. I sure have an incredible husband and the best little boys!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute cake!!! yOU Did great on it and i love the colors. Looks like Max loved eating it too:)

.l i c k t e e s. said...

happy birthday max! he is such a cute little guy :) and i LOVE the birthday cake...mms with a chocolate cookie center? no wonder he loved it! and i totally understand poor max waiting for the toys to be opened! what a cute picture of him waiting :) we took all of max's out of the package before he got up this time around and it made the opening tons more fun :)

and i am sorry we missed gavin's party. i didn't even notice the comment until it was too late and then i never got back to you. we'll get together soon and play!

brit said...

way to rock that cake! yeah! and all those pictures were simply ADORABLE. your boys are so good looking. good genes go a long way:)

melanie33 said...

great job on the cake! you go all out girl...

jessi said...

Max is soooo cute!! I love your boys!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

you did fondant too- that cake is adorable. miss you already

Ben and Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Max! Looks like he really loved his birthday. Great job on the cake