Feb 25, 2009

Question?

What happens when you give an impatient toddler a candy bracelet?

He gets the biggest smile on his face and repeats "candy!"...giggle giggle "candy!"...giggle giggle. Then you teach him how to bite it off the string. Pretty simple and a very sweet treat-he catches on quickly. I am now able to finish checking out of the store and get groceries loaded in the car. I get my sticky little candy man in the car and he's very content, tired but content. He is still biting off his "CANDY!" I was surprised but it was nice not having to struggle getting him to sit in his car seat. I hop in and head home...I didn't even get out of the parking lot when the thought occurred to me"how is Max that patient with the candy? Usually he stuffs everything in his mouth whole..." I'm always keeping a close eye on what goes in his mouth.

I panic and turn around, sure enough he's put the entire bracelet in his mouth and is trying to eat it, string and all. I retrieve the mangled necklace and continue to drive home with one wet sticky slimy hand and one very very angry toddler. I felt bad because he was so good at the store even though he was tired and I had to take his treat away.
Candy Necklace Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's scary:) I can totally see myself driving off the road trying to pry that from Bryce's fingers. I'm glad that didn't happen to you and that he didn't swallow it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny when all of a sudden something occurs to you that your kid is acting out of the norm and sure enough you were right and find them getting into trouble? That's funny. Those things are great treats but they get a lot messier than I ever though. Sienna always ends up with chalk looking powder all over her face.