Feb 20, 2009

Vegas pictures

It took us a while to get on our road trip. Then we had a few traffic problems so we were happy to finally get there. We stayed at the Luxor, it was pretty fun. We got to ride the inclinator(inclined elevator). It's a bit crazy when you are so used to going up or down. Good thing I'm not afraid of heights. We had fun going all the way up but the other two floors don't have lookouts. We sure did a lot of exploring to make sure we were up as high as we could go. Boys are so curious. The hotel didn't smell as awful as the others, probably because of the open space.

We enjoyed a pretty tasty buffet that night. The best part was the dessert! They had a lot to choose from so we sampled quite a few but our hearts settled on these little cups of vanilla cream with a raspberry on top. Andy ate five or more. They were sooo good!

Now that's my kind of shot and the only thing that will regret it is my behind!
We are such nerds. I can't believe I put them on, they were covered in yucky fingerprints.
A cute little panda bear plant of some sort... like I said "cute"?
My handsome husband!
I love the fountains, they are spectacular and they shoot so high!
This is absolutely incredible! Take time to see the Belagio if you are ever there.

Out for an early walk on the strip.
The lions at the MGM grand were hungry.
Joe was up to his usual tricks.
I thought we were holding hands here until after I loaded the pic...oops. I really do like holding Andy's hand though.
Random picture of our walk. Probably the only safe place to look down while walking the strip-we were up above so we didn't see the dirty and disgusting hand outs!!!
I think these guys are pretty fun.

Andy was the only one paying attention I guess. We were all pretty tired at this point. We spent a lot of time playing in the arcade at Circus Circus and watching the acrobatic acts.
Checking out a 3-d movie at the M&M store. We were trying to look tough.
If my kids saw this they would scream in delight "CANDY!" So many colors, yet it's all chocolate to me.
*We played five bucks in the penny slots and came out ahead by an entire $0.39. Big winnings.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The m&m factory looks so fun!!! I've never spent any time in vegas, but we should:) It's a nice getaway that's not too far to drive to.

Anonymous said...

Who wears short shorts?

I'm glad you had fun. Andy looks all too natural with those glasses on. ;) I hope he can come play in June too.

It's my turn for an Emily getaway!!

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Wish we could have made it! Love those fountains too, I can never get enough of them!

Rob and Tiff said...

Wow it looks like you had a good time. And those little shots do sound really yummy. Glad you had fun. :-)

The Clems said...

how fun! im glad you got a little break away from the kids!

brit said...

awesome pix! is that chihuli glass in the ceiling? i got your email but only have one hand free these days. call me and we can work on a plan to have a texas fiesta . . . without the mexican food i hear :) anyway, i am glad you finally had a getaway from the kids! here's to parents and freedom!

Brandon and Amber said...

Emily, you look so good! Glad you guys had a fun trip.