Do you want to know what is really awesome? Coming home from work to a clean house. I'm talking clean bathroom, clean kitchen. No dishes in the sink. Vacuumed floors and sleeping children? I thought I was dreaming. Andy is amazing! Sometimes he just gets it. I sure love him. Thanks babe!
* Story time. Gavin managed to pull our dresser down(this is not the first time, but now that it's broken I think it might be the last...I hope) This incident resulted in broken glass from a candle that was on top of it. It was quite a morning. First thought was to make sure there were no injuries, then if he was okay, I'd kill him. Not really but I was mad. Andy had put him in our room for time out. I'm still not sure why,we usually put him in the "timeout" chair. It was a rough morning with him from the beginning when he climbed in Max's crib and woke him up at 5 am and went down hill from there. It was one of those moments when I was grateful it was a cheap dresser we have been planning to replace once we get into a house, but still, it is now broken beyond repair and a huge mess. I of course stepped on some glass after I vacuumed three different times. Anyway, when it all happened I had been on the couch consoling Max, who really likes his sleep. Andy was in the kitchen making breakfast and we heard the crash. He was in there for less than two minutes( no joke, I mean we have learned our boys can't be left alone for a second long before now). He was hysterical, scared I'm sure, but also knew he was in BIG trouble. Once we checked him over, and started cleaning up he calmed down and said "mommy's sad". (ya think?) He paused and then said "no, mommy's not sad...no, mommy's angry". Right on buddy. All is well again but what a day. Why didn't he say daddy's angry? He was more angry than me...oh well. We sure love Gavin, even when we are angry.
* Story time. Gavin managed to pull our dresser down(this is not the first time, but now that it's broken I think it might be the last...I hope) This incident resulted in broken glass from a candle that was on top of it. It was quite a morning. First thought was to make sure there were no injuries, then if he was okay, I'd kill him. Not really but I was mad. Andy had put him in our room for time out. I'm still not sure why,we usually put him in the "timeout" chair. It was a rough morning with him from the beginning when he climbed in Max's crib and woke him up at 5 am and went down hill from there. It was one of those moments when I was grateful it was a cheap dresser we have been planning to replace once we get into a house, but still, it is now broken beyond repair and a huge mess. I of course stepped on some glass after I vacuumed three different times. Anyway, when it all happened I had been on the couch consoling Max, who really likes his sleep. Andy was in the kitchen making breakfast and we heard the crash. He was in there for less than two minutes( no joke, I mean we have learned our boys can't be left alone for a second long before now). He was hysterical, scared I'm sure, but also knew he was in BIG trouble. Once we checked him over, and started cleaning up he calmed down and said "mommy's sad". (ya think?) He paused and then said "no, mommy's not sad...no, mommy's angry". Right on buddy. All is well again but what a day. Why didn't he say daddy's angry? He was more angry than me...oh well. We sure love Gavin, even when we are angry.

7 comments:
Thanks for the advice. Sitting backwards, now that's a great idea!!! We'll see how it goes:)
Broken dresser, that would make me mad too. I'm glad he wasn't hurt though.
Where do you work at?
im glad he didnt sustain serious injuries! thats a little scary. i think boys must be a lot more active than girls. lily has never has any serious injuries. maybe next time around i will have a boy and see it first hand. you are a great mom!
That's cool that you have something that you like doing. It's nice to get away every once in a while.
I know the feeling of walking into your house after work and expecting a bigger mess than you left it and instead it is spotless. I think those are the best gifts anyone can give mothers! Tell Andy he is awesome!
It's nice when the hubby gets that you had a long day and the kids are lucky to be alive... way to go Andy!!! Bringing her to TX would make her even happier. :)
Oh you sure did have a fun morning. I hope the rest of your day went a little smoother. I hope your foot is ok. :-)
Post a Comment