Jan 8, 2009

My resolution

I'm not one for resolutions. I have a constant list in my head of things I should and or want to be better at, the list just seems to get longer and longer. I don't like setting myself up for failure, so I take things a step at a time and go from there. I do however, like to reflect back on anything I managed to accomplish or change(this gives me some motivation). I have now made one.


I resolve to NEVER have the UPS guy see me without a bra on ever again! Don't worry, I have my pj's on(I'm fully clothed) but EVERY single time he makes a delivery I look like a creature that crawled out from under the bed. Hair is all knotted, red blotchy face and only if he is lucky, I have brushed my teeth. My kids are unusually wild and half clothed themselves. You might be wondering how early he comes or more so,why I care, I am married after all. I swear I am not trying to impress some guy in a sexy(only kidding) brown uniform or anything weird like that. I care because seeing me and my house in those conditions are pretty rare occasions. For some reason those are the days I am surprised, lucky me. If it happened once or twice I'd be a big girl and get over it but I think it's number eight or so now(stupid separate shipments within the same order).
So needless to say, I have had some really bad timing lately with all the illnesses we've had,the lack of sleep and several holiday shipments,I'm left quite embarrassed and lesson learned. So from here on out I am going to be more aware of when deliveries are due(not that we will get any for a while now, but still).
*You might also wonder why I answer the door? I don't, if I'm not appropriate but Gav is so attentive, he goes right over and opens the door. I'd rather be known as the scary parent than the stupid one that lets their three year old answer the door and talk to strangers(darn deadbolt is a bit defective). There are also things you must sign for. It doesn't help that I am usually near by, our apartment is so huge you know...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

lol, I have totally "been there, done that".
And I agree with you. Looking back on the past year and learning from mistakes are a good way to make new resolutions. :)

Brandon and Amber said...

Is it the same UPS guy every time? You should tell him not to come around so early!

Macdonalds said...

He's the same. He doesn't always come early, I'm just slow at getting dressed sometimes. The days I am dressed far out weigh the times I'm not and yet he just comes on those kind of mornings. I feel like I should apologize and say "my kids have had the stomach flu all week"or "did you see that tornado that just came through here?". The best has been when Gav has opened the door when I was intentionally not answering.

Mercedes said...

Yeah, right, Em, he's sexy. Just admit it :)

The other day Leiden put all her makeup on my face, and that's when the doorbell rang!