Nov 30, 2007

My brother's tree

My mom has volunteered with the Festival of Trees since I can remember. My mom didn't want to do it this year, I don't blame her. It has only been six months but it really was a great way to remember Eric. With a bit of help from some great friends we were able to put a tree together. In honor my brother Eric, who passed away in May from an ATV accident. He loved the snow, and almost anything outdoors. We thought a snowman tree would be perfect. He brought so much laughter and light into this world. He truly lived life to the fullest! I miss him terribly. I just wanted to share some pictures. I'm glad it sold quickly, it was really cute. This was one of the hardest things for my mom and I to do. It turned out great and I am glad we did it. I hope the people who bought it appreciate the meaning behind it. Christmas will never be the same without him. (click the pictures to enlarge)

I thought this tree was adorable, and ironic that it was donated by a dentist.


Matt, Karin and Sienna have been in town for Thanks Giving and we were lucky to spend a little time with them playing Nintendo. I wish they didn't live so far away. We have a lot of fun with them. Isn't Sienna a cutie! Max and Gavin will probably fight over her in 16 years...ha ha.
A little Super Smash bros. smack down!
He looks so innocent...

5 comments:

The Clems said...

what is the festival of trees? i have never heard of it before. anyway, i cant believe its been six months. you are so strong emily. i hope you enjoyed making that tree in your brothers memory.

Unknown said...

You guys did a great job on the tree. It really is beautiful.

Macdonalds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Macdonalds said...

Thanks! The Festival of Trees is a charity that sends all of the proceeds to Primary Children's Hospital. They do it every year and it is amazing how many people donate their time, money, creativity and hard work. It is mainly themed trees that are done by various people, we did a memory tree(that is most common). You should check it out sometime. It ends tomorrow but there is always next year.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

loved the tree, em! when my mom got back from bidding night she actually talked about that tree and then i put two and two together! i hope the next six months are a little better than the last :)