Poor Gavin! Last week he went running into the bathroom and tripped. His arm caught the cord to my flat iron as he fell. It landed right on his little arm. I'm so glad I was right behind him to grab it. I had just plugged it in to straighten my hair and Max started to cry; it was unfortunate timing and I felt awful. I can only imagine what would have happened if I hadn't heard Gavin running toward the bathroom. I still feel like an idiot though, I never leave that in. Anyway, we went to the urgent care and they cleaned up the burns and wrapped it. Gavin was really brave about the whole thing, the only time he cried was when they wanted to take his temperature. We have had quite the challenge keeping it clean and bandaged- he likes to unwrap it but the good news is it is healing really fast and is looking better already.
Sep 5, 2007
the burns
Posted by
Macdonalds
at
9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Emily! I saw your blog off of Karen's...off of Ann-Maries...you know how the story goes! Anyway when my sister was 3 she was running through the kitchen (my mom had just barely went upstairs to help my brother with some homework) and my sister tripped over the fry-daddy cord and it fell and burned her whole body. She is totally fine but I can image how you feel!!! Poor Gavin...and poor you!
how are gavin's burns healing? What a tough kid.
Post a Comment