Apr 15, 2009

my favorite cookie recipe

A lot of nice people have asked for my oatmeal cookie recipe so I will share. I hope you like them as much as my boys do.

Oatmeal Cookies
2 C soft butter
2 C sugar
2 C brown sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
4 C flour
5 C quick oats
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
24 oz milk choc chips
optional
*2 C coconut
1 cup toffee bits
or raisins instead of choc chips
(I use the toffee and coconut together with milk choc chips)
They are seriously loaded and very delicious!

Blend butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix flour, oats, soda, salt, baking powder together. Blend into egg mixture. Don't over blend. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 8-10 min. 12-14 for large cookies.
* You have to use real unsalted butter
* I also half the recipe and it makes plenty

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

You're a saint! I'm going to make these tonight while everyone is gone to mutual!!!

Sarah said...

Mmmm! You're not kidding when you say they are loaded. My mouth is already watering.
I am totally needing to make these this week!

Amanda said...

ok now I want to make these! Tasty!

climber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.