It doesn't look the prettiest but it sure tastes wonderful! This is one of Andy's favorite desserts. It's a homemade oreo fudge ice cream cake.
I wanted to wish Andy a very happy birthday! He was actually born on a Sunday during General Conference. I am so grateful to have such a loving, hardworking, creative and fun husband. No one can make me laugh the way he does( I tend to get quite serious/stressed out and he knows just how to pick me up). He is an awesome father to our boys, they truly love him. I knew there was something special about him the day we met when I saw this sparkle in his blue eyes and his smile was ever so contagious. This may sound cliche but look for it the next time you see him. I love you!!!
We started the day off with a big breakfast of his favorite, plantains. We had bacon, eggs, butterscotch pull a parts and it was delicious! We did our best to listen and enjoy conference...Max and Gav had other plans. It was still excellent despite all the 'three and under' interference.
We are going to have a BBQ dinner at his parents house tonight with cake, presents and all the fun we can manage on a Sunday. Tomorrow Andy is off for a day of golfing with his best friend and Tuesday I am taking him to the WEEZER concert!!! (I think I am just as excited as him.) I guess you could say we are celebrating over a few days but that's okay, he works so hard and definitely deserves it!
I forgot to take them this morning, but here are some from tonight.

The birthday boy and yours truly

A new cozy hoody just in time for Fall.

Papa teasing Max

I don't know who was more excited for cake,Andy or my little salivating Gavin? Yes, Andy's mother is about to spank Andy. I guess it's a mother's right. He is smiling...

Helping daddy with presents. Gavin started opening them for Andy. I think he was just after the boxes. Too bad the "moon" didn't fit in that box.
*since the photographer was the birthday boy these are the best I could do.
We are going to have a BBQ dinner at his parents house tonight with cake, presents and all the fun we can manage on a Sunday. Tomorrow Andy is off for a day of golfing with his best friend and Tuesday I am taking him to the WEEZER concert!!! (I think I am just as excited as him.) I guess you could say we are celebrating over a few days but that's okay, he works so hard and definitely deserves it!
I forgot to take them this morning, but here are some from tonight.
The birthday boy and yours truly
A new cozy hoody just in time for Fall.
Papa teasing Max
I don't know who was more excited for cake,Andy or my little salivating Gavin? Yes, Andy's mother is about to spank Andy. I guess it's a mother's right. He is smiling...
Helping daddy with presents. Gavin started opening them for Andy. I think he was just after the boxes. Too bad the "moon" didn't fit in that box.
*since the photographer was the birthday boy these are the best I could do.

6 comments:
our husbands have the same b-day! hope andy had a great one!
I remember having that awesome ice cream cake!!! Maybe you could post the recipe, please, pretty please:)
happy b-day andy! and could max and gav look any more alike? in that last picture...seriously! so cute :) it was fun to see this last week. we need to stop being slackers and get to the zoo and the aquarium and gateway and everywhere else!
Happy Birthday, Andy!!
That icecream cake looks mmmm mmmmm scrumpcious!!
Hey! I was totally surprised to stumble across your blog! How are you doing?? Your boys are cute!
Happy B-day Cousin. Also when are you guys going to teach us to play Wii? You should bring it over. Invite yourselves anytime.
Post a Comment