Oct 20, 2008

time for an update



He will be missed!

This is grandpa two weeks ago at Andy's party. He was doing great and so happy. I'm glad he was able to come and celebrate with us. We have some great memories of him. It's been a bit of an emotional week. Andy's grandpa had hernia surgery. Things went well considering his Alzheimer's. Then he had a turn for the worse and was in the hospital with a ruptured colon and an estimated 24 hours or less to live. I will spare all the details. Grandpa was able to be transported home with hospice care and we are just waiting the inevitable news. It has been a roller coaster. He has gone from bad to worse to stable to worse and so on. It is so sad to see such a brilliant, social, compassionate and loving man in such a weak state. The veil is so thin. The spirit has never been stronger in their home. I hope the family is able to remember the wonderful times, be grateful they had SO many together. Be grateful they all have the chance to say goodbye, hold his hand, say what they need to say. Others are not as fortunate. We love you Grandpa!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday was a Beautiful Day. I must have listened to one of Eric's favorite songs by Mellowdrone a million times last week. We weren't sure if it was going to happen because of Andy's grandpa's condition but it all worked out. It was a special day for me and my parents. We were able to go down to the Manti temple and do my brother's temple work for him. We also did my mom's father's work. I love that temple. It is incredibly beautiful. Knowing that five generations of my family have been sealed together for eternity makes it all the more special. Andy and I were married there six years ago. Being back on the temple grounds gave me flashes of my wedding day. I could remember some of the moments I had with Eric that day; and also my feelings for the love of my life, who was still by my side. I wish Jeremy could have been there with Jenny but I will never give up on them. I didn't realize how much I needed this experience. It was so personal, beautiful and I know Eric and my grandpa are grateful. I miss them so much. I know my Savior loves me and I will see my brother again. I will hug my brother again and we will laugh together again. My heart will always ache until that day comes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before all of the emotional happenings:
Karin has been in town and we have had so much fun. If it weren't for a twenty hour drive we would see them more often. Gavin is still constantly asking to go to Karin's house(her parents). I am sad they had to go home already. The boys just love her and her girls.

This is my new favorite picture of Max. He sure is a sweetheart.

I hope he will be this willing to pick up a shovel in a dozen years or so. Then again if he's anything like his daddy' there's no need to worry.

I love this little guy. He is so full of life and energy. I see my brother in him constantly, especially in his smile!

On his way to school. he is growing up too fast!

Sadie is such a smiley girl. She reminds me a lot of Max as a baby. My boys have become interested in babies since they've been around sweet Sadie. I think there's some competition in the future...maybe 20 years or so.

Pink looks good on Andy don't you think?

We miss our Karin!


More words from Max:
(He's such a chatterbox and loves to copy Gav)
he usde to call me momma now it is "mommy!"
MAX- he says his name with a lot of enthusiasm
doggie woof woof- he always points out dogs. he has a good eye for them.
aw wight-all right
iss yucky
a teet- a treat
outsaiyd- outside
binky pease
ouch
yucky!(still doesn't like vegetables)
sawy-sorry
airpwane
mai-y-ne -mine
kick kick kick-he really loves to kick
bugck-bug
elmo
a-saiyd- slide
aah did yit- I did it
sit sit- (sometimes it doesn't sound right)
oh-grape- oh great
eat eat eat
amen!- his favorite part of the prayer
nose
eyes!
no way- as he runs away giggling and shaking his head
wook-look
dan dan- dance dance
ticko ticko- tickle tickle
oh no, fell down- (said while throwing his cup or bowl on the floor)
he has also started singing little songs he makes up.

We also had a blast at a Rock Band/ Guitar Hero Nintendo night with a bunch of our friends. Of course with all that's been going on I did not bring the camera. Who knew Max would have an early love for the microphone? He was pretty funny.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Andy's grandpa. That is a hard situation to go through. My grandpa had Alzheimers and it just breaks your heart to see them deteriorate like that.

On a lighter note, the boys look so cute! Max is getting big and that smile just melts your heart.

melanie33 said...

wow, what a roller coaster of emotions you guys have been riding on! Thank goodness for all the good things to help you through the sad, right?
by the way, the pic of andy holding a little girl all covered in pink? it looks very natural. VERY.

The Clems said...

Im sorry for what you have been going through. I bet the temple was amazing and very spiritual though.

Your boys are getting so big! I cant believe how fast they grow. Gavin is a little man! He is so cute.

Karin said...

I'm glad you got to do Eric's work. I want to hear all about it. I'm also glad Andy's grandpa got to move on. That sounds bad but he was in a lot of pain and stress.

Horrible picture of me! Next time I'll shower before photo opts. :) Love ya! Also- you are talented to get a pict of Sadie not smiling. :)