We took the day off and went boating yesterday. Jordanelle was basically empty, it was nice. The weather was a little windy at times but overall it was great. We are running out of warm weather as Fall is setting in and didn't want to miss the opportunity. Gavin loves being on the boat and riding on the jumbo dog. He actually tried wake boarding with Andy and enjoyed it once he got used to the water. Max has a hard time sitting still, especially when there is water nearby so we left him safe at home with grandma. Andy and Joe had some great runs, neat tricks and an awesome boat driver...not really but I am working on it. Once we got on the jumbo dog everyone was smiling.
As for myself, I have never willingly attempted anything on a boat besides riding in one. I have been out on a tube twice(by persuasion). Something about cold yucky water and the fact I am not a swimmer has made me perfectly content to just go along for the ride. Before today the most adventurous thing I have done was attempt to snowboard...that was on a bunny hill. With my anxiety I am overly cautious and like to be in control. I have done a lot of lifts, flips and drops etc. with dance but I think those are comparatively safe. Needless to say I jumped into the nasty lake water and set my germaphobic, high anxiety self on pause and attempted to wake board. I was slightly successful in the fact that I got up twice but what happened after I got up I am now feeling through every inch of my body. OUCH!
Before I said go I thought of Eric and decided that if nothing else it will put a huge smile on his face in Heaven...better yet he might roll on the floor in laughter. I am just happy that I tried something new. If I wasn't in so much pain right now I might be tempted to say I would try it again...on the other hand...ouch! It really was exhilarating.
*CAUTION- blindingly white skin posted below!

I'm supposed to what?...

Here goes nothing

and she's up...

and she's down.
I need to make my brain tell my body to lean way back, harder than it sounds. Someday I'll get it or just stick to the jumbo dog.

My happy little Gavin
*Until next time, thank you Joe.
*CAUTION- blindingly white skin posted below!
I'm supposed to what?...
Here goes nothing
and she's up...
and she's down.
I need to make my brain tell my body to lean way back, harder than it sounds. Someday I'll get it or just stick to the jumbo dog.
My happy little Gavin
*Until next time, thank you Joe.

11 comments:
So jealous! How adorable is the picture of you all on the banana. I also love the Andy held Gav on the wakeboard. cute!!!
How in the world did Andy hold Gavin? I'm trying to picture it in my mind how they got up, but I can't! I feel your pain of wakeboarding. It sure can take a toll on your body, but it is sure fun! Hope the water wasn't too cold, and don't worry, I have blindingly white skin too.
I am laughing again...you're too funny.
I'm with ya on staying in the boat. I've tried waterskiing a few times without getting up, and the one time I tried tubing it was like being dragged down the road by a pickup truck. Yow!
Go Emily!!! That is awesome and wakeboarding is way harder than it looks, for sure. What a great way to end the summer:)
Look at you, trying new things and lookin' like a pro! Good job! And I totally hear you about the after pain of such "fun". I usually feel it for days... but then again, im not really in shape.
thats awesome that you went out there and did it. I bet the germaphobic side of you was screaming to get in the shower right? way to go!!
I am a boat kind of girl myself too, I have never ventured into the water. I think you are braver than I!
Looks like you had a blast! I was so sad when it didn't work out on Labor Day :( It is always a double edged sword during the water activities, you know you are having fun, but you know how sore you will be the next day!! Yes we should do lunch, call me anytime I'm around!
love it! all those pictures are priceless...and tell your brain to tell your body to try wakeboarding again! looks like so much fun! i need to get the guts to try that sometime :)
How fun!! I wish I could ditch work and go play in the lake. I'm glad you put your fears aside and at least tried, I'm sure if anything you were being a great example to your kiddo. I hope you recover quickly. :-)
i needed proof! That looked so fun!
Post a Comment