We have had a pet for the past week or so. Andy caught a praying mantis and brought it home for fun. Gavin insisted it was a grasshopper(we often chase grasshoppers around outside). He ended up naming her Popper. It was a lot of fun, Gavin checked on her numerous times a day and talked about her a lot. Unfortunately, for some reason we couldn't find any spiders to feed her and it was time to let her go. Ironically the very next day I found four random spiders in our house...where's Popper when I need her? Anyway, it was cute to see how attached Gavin was. He is fascinated with bugs, not so much touching them up but he sure loves to observe.
A funny story I don't want to forget.
We put Gavin bed in our bed at night and then move him in to his bed once he is asleep. This is to make sure he doesn't wake up Max. Besides, he falls asleep a lot faster in the big bed. Anyway, last night I went in to move him and his eyes popped wide open. I thought "darn, I woke him up...maybe I'll come back". Then he started smacking his lips and pretending to chew. I was puzzled trying to figure out if he might have smuggled some food into bed or something??? Before I know it his hands are motioning back and forth to his mouth like he is eating a hamburger or something. He continues to make these eating sounds. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. He was dead asleep through it all. I wish I knew what he was eating in his sleep. I tried asking but I just got "mmm yum yum" as his response. I also wish it wasn't so dark so I could have caught it on camera. Andy and I were laughing so hard, I'm surprised he didn't wake up.

4 comments:
i swear, all you need for entertainment is kids! That is funny.
Oh and sounds like it's time to get and ant farm or hermit crabs for your curious little man!
Next time turn the light on so we can see it!! :)
That is sooo funny! I'm laughing right out loud. What darling boys you have! :)
popper! that is so cute. My question: How did you know it was a girl?? J/k. Anyway, when the craziness dies down here, I will give you a call!
Post a Comment