Eric has been on my mind excessively for a while. I think about him all the time and miss him, but it's been more profound this past week. Maybe because of the fourth and his love for fireworks, maybe it's Andy's brothers wedding that is approaching and knowing that I didn't get that opportunity with Eric. I would have loved to see him completely smitten over a girl and maybe just holding hands. He was finally into a really cute girl that felt the same about him but it was so fresh we didn't get to see it blossom. It's just sad and kind of hard.
It didn't help that Max broke the picture frame I had of me and Eric this morning. Broken glass everywhere, all over the couch(quite a pain to clean up). Gavin stepped on two pieces and got blood everywhere. They are both okay but it was like picking up the pieces of my heart all over again. It reminded me just how much it hurts to lose someone and how hard it is to heal your heart...or someone elses after such a tragic and sudden loss. There are so many feelings and memories that get scattered about through such sorrow. I thinks it's impossible to pick up every last little sparkly shard of glass, just like my heart. But with time, and the gospel it makes it bearable one breath at a time. So to help brighten the mood I am rocking out to his favorite songs all day. Here's to some efforts for a beautiful day!
It didn't help that Max broke the picture frame I had of me and Eric this morning. Broken glass everywhere, all over the couch(quite a pain to clean up). Gavin stepped on two pieces and got blood everywhere. They are both okay but it was like picking up the pieces of my heart all over again. It reminded me just how much it hurts to lose someone and how hard it is to heal your heart...or someone elses after such a tragic and sudden loss. There are so many feelings and memories that get scattered about through such sorrow. I thinks it's impossible to pick up every last little sparkly shard of glass, just like my heart. But with time, and the gospel it makes it bearable one breath at a time. So to help brighten the mood I am rocking out to his favorite songs all day. Here's to some efforts for a beautiful day!

5 comments:
Hey Em- sorry things are stressful right now. I'm sorry the picture frame broke too. I hope you make it through this week alive :) I wish I was there to help out.
It was so great seeing you this past weekend. I wish we had GNOs more often.
Aww man, tough day! Memories can be so sweet... yet so hard.
I hope your day gets brighter :)
Rock on!
I'm sorry! If you need someone to have a cry with, just call me! I love to have cry sessions! I hope your day turnd out better. Let me know if there is anything i can do for you!
Rock out girl and envision you and him rocking out together again someday :)love ya.
Hang in there. I'm sure he's watching over you and your family and sending good things your way.
Post a Comment