Sometimes I am not aware of the little blessings that happen on a daily basis, I know I am blessed I just don't always notice. Other days I catch myself thinking "I could sure use some extra ones"(selfish I know). This morning was one of those days I noticed.
I have been helping my neighbor who just had surgery. This means I leave my boys unattended for a few minutes(scary) to fill up her ice machine, hook her up to the equipment, or unhook so she can go to the bathroom etc. I'm happy to help but I can't bring my boys along, she just had surgery and I'm much faster if I go alone. There are lots of cords and such (items of interest to two very curious boys). I left this morning thinking after all the mishaps yesterday this won't be good. I knew I really needed to hurry. When I got back, no joke, my boys were sitting in the living room quietly playing with the same toys as I left them with. Nothing was out of place(that shouldn't be) no one was crying, and nothing broken. I could not believe it. I realized they had been little angels every time I have left to go help this week. It really goes to show when you are serving others the Lord really does send you extra blessings! I mean I could lie and brag that I have perfect little angel boys who are extra obedient-who would believe me anyway though? They ARE total sweethearts and they mean well but they sure are inventive!
If you need extra proof, read on. Yesterday I was quickly showering and the boys were watching Curious George. I have to leave the door open so I can hear what's going on. It doesn't take long for them to cause trouble. This technique can backfire and I end up having a shower party but most of the time they are too busy to care. I suddenly think I hear the oven door open. I run out dripping wet to find both boys INSIDE my oven. Thank goodness the controls are on the back of the range but nevertheless, IN my oven! I wish I took a picture but I was so quick to react and get them out, and into timeout,to calmly explain why the oven is not a toy. They know it's "hot" and were scared of it until recently when they found out sometimes it's not...well, hot. This is what happens in the blink of an eye when they are semi supervised. They cause a lot of mischief when they are totally supervised and entertained by a not-so-entertaining mommy. They can even get on the kitchen table without the chairs, that I cleverly put behind the baby gate for precaution to stop the table dancing(they are a little young to learn).
Now do you see why I'd be worried leaving them totally alone? That is when they are just fine and I am able to help someone in need. Don't get me wrong, I still worry and I don't leave them by choice. But I know with out a doubt that angels are watching over them.
* We have received sooo much snow and the boys can't get enough of it. I swear Gavin is immune to the cold. He would play out there until his nose fell off. I hope these colds we have go away(maybe we should spend a little more time inside...)Not a chance when all Gavin asks is "can I play in the snow again please?" He's so polite. Hopefully Andy will have time to get some pictures this week. It's hard to take pictures and keep track of my boys outside. (this excuse sounds better than admitting I am forgetful).
* We have received sooo much snow and the boys can't get enough of it. I swear Gavin is immune to the cold. He would play out there until his nose fell off. I hope these colds we have go away(maybe we should spend a little more time inside...)Not a chance when all Gavin asks is "can I play in the snow again please?" He's so polite. Hopefully Andy will have time to get some pictures this week. It's hard to take pictures and keep track of my boys outside. (this excuse sounds better than admitting I am forgetful).

3 comments:
be careful, now something might happen. I can't believe they were in your oven- you didn't tell me that. It was nice talking to you today, it's been too long for a real conversation. Sorry I didn't call you back. I was waiting for you to call me back and later realized that you had and it was my turn to call you back. oops!!
I 'sure' hope you don't have to work tomorrow.
We hope you have a great Christmas!
em, that was a great posy! i hope you had a great christmas--your card is adorable!
Post a Comment