Dec 15, 2008

A depressing weekend

I'm constantly trying to think happy thoughts as I go about my days. After spending about six hours in line outside Friday for Wicked tickets with Amanda(hardcore theater fans). We were unable to get tickets. The only option left was a Sunday show and separate seats. I would feel way too guilty breaking the Sabbath(though I must confess it was tempting after freezing for so long) and then to have to sit by myself...I don't think so. The phone lines were tied and the website crashed from an overload. I even spoke with a woman as we headed to our car. She had two extra tickets but wanted me to pay her extra, she was planning to sell them on ebay to some idiot who would pay 500.oo dollars a ticket rather than to someone who froze their butt off for about as many hours and desperately wants to go. No compassion, I offered cash!
Anyway, thanks to all the ticket scalpers out there,a lot of people went home with nothing. Some people! It's kind of the box office's fault for selling 8 tickets per person....it should have been a limit of 2. I will get over it but the nasty cold I caught from it is making me a bit bitter this weekend. I am making plans to go to LA instead. It will be a lot cheaper than a stupid scalper price and I can see it with a live orchestra and not sit by myself(hopefully). Can you believe people actually will pay that much for something when it only cost a fourth of the price???? There are still going to be radio contests and maybe some open seats closer to the dates...for now I am drinking my mint truffle hot chocolate and hanging out in my pj's.

* On a cute note Gav has been getting better with praying lately. He is really cute. I love how he squints his eyes shut so tight. The other night he would whisper after everything I said "and go to Papa's house.... and go to Papa's house" It was really sweet. He's also working on his manners and says thank you for everything. Tank too for da ham, tank too for da juice, tank too for da dinner. Followed by your welcome"your come come" etc. He sure has come a long way with his speech-it is amazing! Max is also a talking machine-we really have to watch what we say because he will say it right back. It's hard not to laugh when we try and discipline because he sounds so funny ans says "okay okay" after everything.

8 comments:

The Clems said...

sorry about the tickets. that really sucks. scalpers make me soooo mad! they were on craigslist right after i talked to you that day! it had only been a few hours. what people will do for money! my friend crissi went through the same thing. i hope you get to see it one way or another.

Unknown said...

That stinks:( I so wanted to go as well, but just didn't get to in time. My sister in law somehow got to get them when they went on sale through the group time. I guess i'll know better next time.

But LA will be totally cool and a live orchestra, that rocks!!!

Unknown said...

I totally hear you. I was online forever trying to get them and actually had them IN MY CART and the website crashed. I was sooooooooo mad.

melanie33 said...

I have to admit (very guilt ridden) after deciding that i couldnt justify spending the money to go right now, i was a tiny bit happy to hear that so many people didn't get to see it.
But i do however feel horrible that you all had to freeze for so long and come up with nothing...
so does that make me less of a monster?

Grant and Stacy said...

I hope you get to come to LA. There is a rumor that if you show up a little before the performance on Tuesdays, you can get tickets for $35. Front row balcony. We're going to try it for our Anniversary. Good luck!

Macdonalds said...

Thanks Stacy! That is good to know!

Sarah said...

Total bummer!
I hope you win some at least! :)

Rob and Tiff said...

Oh those darn scalpers! I don't blame you for being upset with them. I got to see Wicked here in Chicago and it is AWESOME! I hope you get to see it.