Dec 16, 2008

Let it snow!

snow Pictures, Images and Photos
I love the snow!
I love watching my boys play in the snow.
I love the cold!
I love hot chocolate!
I love homemade soup.
I love bundling up , the kids don't but they sure appreciate it(I think).
I love shopping any other time of the year when it isn't crowded.
I love Christmas!

It finally feels like Christmas now that the snow is falling.
Christmas is always going to feel incomplete. It will never be the same without Eric. But it is a time to celebrate the birth of our Savior and without him I wouldn't be able to see my brother again. That is where I find peace. Eric absolutely loved the snow and all the sports that come with it. It may sound silly but I feel he's much closer when it snows. Snow made him happy, so it makes me happy. I like to keep it real so I'm not going to lie, I am still very depressed that he isn't here with me and my family. I have my moments, some more often than others. I don't know how we got through the holidays last year but we did. Eric is watching over us. He knows how much we miss him and how much we love him. He will always be in our hearts. We have some really fun memories growing up together and I hope my boys set booby traps for Santa someday too. I try really hard to focus on the good, I don't want those memories to fade, that is all I have. He really was so much fun!

I am so grateful that I am able to see the excitement through my little boys eyes. It is simply amazing.
Wishing you all a great day!

4 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Merry Christmas!! I have a story too personal to share over blogger but I think it'll make you feel better about Eric. :) Love you!!!

Lacey.costner said...

I agree with you on the snow, it really feels like Christmas time now, but, now Christmas will be here in a week!! CRAZY!!! Oh and sorry to hear about your Wicked Tickets....some people...good luck finding some in LA!!

The Clems said...

I love the snow too. I just hate driving in it. boo. I will get up to see you really soon!

Dustin and Kristin said...

Merry Christmas, Emily. The snow is so fun to see and play in. We recently just enjoyed the snow. I'm glad I don't have to drive in it much. I hope you are having a good holiday.