Merry Christmas!!!
We received the best news and were told that if we passed a bunch of tests, we could bring Graham home for Christmas. It involved several certification videos. Graham had to pass a car seat test where he sat in his for about 2 hours to make sure he could breathe in that position. We stayed the night and had to make sure we could do the oxygen etc. ourselves. It was a true miracle. We had been told for days that it would have to be the full 14 days and that was that. I'm not going to lie, I kept praying and hoping for a miracle. I know I had lots of prayers said in our behalf. Once I was able to hold him, and nurse him he made incredible progress.
We passed, after the longest night ever, in the most uncomfortable hospital room ever, but we were going to be bringing our baby home! He was going to be on oxygen for a bit, but we'd be together as a family for Christmas. Seriously, the only thing that mattered to me by this point. I even managed to make our traditional overnight french toast. Not many pictures...we spent the day building Legos and happily tending to the demands of a newborn :)
Newborn pictures with his cannula. Still as sweet as can be. Now to adjust to his monitor going off at crazy hours and hoping for the best. In the hospital, you don't really feel like it's your baby. The doctors and nurses are in charge and we are just bystanders. Now we were in charge. It was a . Little nerve racking. So far, things have improved dramatically though. We hope we can wean him off the oxygen soon.
Proud big brothers!
So many Legos!!!
My very simple tree, I'm so glad I didn't put much up this year. I bet it would have stayed up until May ha ha!
January 9th- Successfully weaned off the oxygen.
Graham-bam
Of course one of the first things we did after he got off the oxygen was a little photo shoot in our living room.
This boy melts my heart, every single day! He is so sweet and snuggly. He may be the lightest sleeper ever but at least I can hold him and enjoy him finally!







No comments:
Post a Comment