Mar 17, 2013

Trying to get a better habit here

I am trying to make more of an effort to document the ups and downs and every which ways in my little families life again, mostly because it is the only real journaling I ever accomplish. Warning, don't get your hopes up, but here's to trying.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of crazy.  We of course battled more sickness, pink eye, ear infections, colds and blah blah blah, we had a fabulous Valentines Day. Complete with a surprise delivery of Sherry's Berries-um so yummy!


A cliche dinner and a movie*thanks Grandma and Grandpa for babysitting! I will take any time with Andy I can get. Fun filled Valentine parties at school!  I will forever cherish the opportunities I have to be in the classroom every week for my boys.  I love it, the parties are even better though.
Max made me this Valentine-super cute and creative Robot Heart







He finally joined the toothless club...by dental force/aka super long roots/must be pulled because permanent teeth are coming anyway.

Andy also started a new job with lots of opportunities and excitement to come.  I am really proud of the things he has accomplished so far, and cannot wait to see how things go. His last day at England they pranked him good.  An employees boyfriend spent three hours 'sticky noting" his entire car.  The front was made to look like a Nintendo and Mario scene. Hilarious.

My heart was turned upside down with another great and unexpected loss in the family.  My awesome, big hearted Uncle Dave returned to his Father in Heaven after a heart-attack. Max and I quickly drove to Cali to be with family and attend the funeral. Andy was starting his new job, and Gavin has a hard time if he misses school.  Max, well it's kindergarten and that schedule is nuts, so we took him along to brighten everyone's day with his smiles, hugs, endless questions etc. Wow, do I admire the strength of my Aunt Mary!  She is incredible. My heartaches for the road ahead, for her sudden loss.  I know what it's like not to have that final goodbye. It is tough. I'm am always so grateful for just how awesome my family is.  They are so supportive, helpful and loving, especially at times like this.  Stuart, I wish everyone could give hugs like you. To Uncle Dave, thanks for always having a smile on your face, for being a loving husband, and for raising some pretty amazing kids/cousins.  I love them and hope they know that you are continuing the Lord's work on the other side.  Please give Eric the biggest hug for me...and maybe tease him a bit for me too! Until we meet again.  I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true!

Little notes like these are also the best when you are having a not so good terrible day :)

We did make time to run around at Griffith Park at the train Museum- made this boy so happy!

To brighter paths, to sunshine and warm springtime, and being grateful for the many blessings that get swallowed in the middle the negativity too often. I have awesome kids!  I have a hard working amazing husband! Marriage has never been easy, but it is constantly growing, learning, sacrificing, communicating and forgiving that has got us to where we are. I have unbelievable friends, and neighbors. I am blessed!

No comments: