Dec 6, 2010

Pictures with Santa

A picture of the overpriced but cute picture with Santa.

They played so well together, it was sad to say goodbye.

 Temple Square!
 My buddy!
It's a little blurry but at least we are all in it this time:) I'm grateful Max will still sit in a stroller, much easier than chasing him through crowds of people, and he was nice and warm

I love all the lights, I  love the snow, I love sipping, ahem chugging, hot chocolate every morning and most nights too.  I love Christmas trees, especially once their decorated(the un-decorating, not so much).  I enjoy most Christmas music(but only after Thanksgiving has been enjoyed).  I especially love teaching my boys Christmas songs(their version of lyrics are very entertaining) and taking them to visit Santa.  I admire their innocence and excitement.
I still feel quite empty without Eric here.  I have so many great memories of us at Christmas, setting booby traps for Santa, seeing who could stay awake the longest in hopes of catching Santa- in turn also seeing who then could wake up the earliest too. Eating all the bread at the Christmas Eve dinner because we didn't like the soup.  Trying to guess what we were getting and/or giving to people. The last few Christmas's we had with Eric he slacked on waking up early that is for sure.  Boy do Teenagers like to SLEEP!  Ha ha!   Andy and I had some great pranks we pulled on him while he slept.  I really miss having my little brother to tease.

I miss my day after Thanksgiving shopping buddy (the reason I am crazy and work at the mall every black Friday at midnight until nine am), and my shopping buddy in general.  I miss stealing his chocolate candies from his stocking( I never get enough chocolate... ha ha) and also wrapping a barbie or something girlie for him.  Don't worry I bought him cool presents too but he was so EASY to tease.  I especially love his tradition of buying "special" ornaments and hiding them on my mom's trees.  She collects Hallmark ornaments and has more than fourteen themed trees! Some years she was better at discovering them, others not so much and we all had good laughs for that! Christmas will never be the same, or any Holiday but there will always be a special place in my heart for Eric and a snowman built in his memory.  I know I will see him again and I am so grateful for my Savior for making that possible.

2 comments:

jessi said...

I hope you can feel him near at this time of year!

The Clems said...

lots to be thankful for this season. i love the holidays too. i really want to go to temple square. i just might have to take the trip there. i am going stir crazy in the house! you are looking gorgeous btw!