Aug 16, 2010

Inspired from a dear friend:)

The stinky shoes

I have a box under my bed. It looks brand new, inside are a pair of brand new special rubber hiking/water shoes. These belonged to Eric. The few days we spent together before he died we had some of our best memories. He would come over to help me out with new baby Max and toddler Gavin. I needed the help, because I couldn't lift Gav after my c-section- which is asking the impossible from a mother of a toddler. Oh how he loved my boys. He would even sit through my tv shows-Dancing with the Stars was his most bearable because he thought Julianne Hough was hot- ha ha! Such a boy! She is gorgeous. I remember watching him anxiously ask to hold Max. He took such caution in holding him, he sat on my bed and played with Max's full head of long brown hair. They bonded in those few days they had together and I know from all the accidents, bumps and falls Max has had that Eric has softened every single one. I see Eric so much in Max, in his smile, his need to tease, his overly outgoing social personality and his spirit of adventure and curiosity. I'm grateful to have such a special guardian angel for my boys! Back to the shoes. Eric had just returned from his sporting goods store with these really awesome shoes:) I thought what is that awful smell? He was beyond excited to use them and I just thought he was crazy to willingly wear something that smelled so unbelievably awful. I teased him for sometime and we had a great day together. I sure miss him and love him, and when I need to laugh, I pull out my box from under my bed to look, hold and smell those awful/ but super awesome shoes. The end.

No comments: